Steve suprises SOHO Apple Store

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Daveway, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Appearing 'unannounced' really is the best way to find out how your stores look. On 'planned' visits, you just get the smell of fresh paint and floor cleaner. This way you see the store as your customers do.

I wonder if Apple do 'mystery shopping' to find out how well their staff welcome/approach/help customers.

3. Daveway thread starter macrumors 68040

Daveway

I'm sure they do since the employees do now get a commission. I found the comment about 1st gen products very disturbing.

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Among Mac fans, the reputation of rev. A Apple products are famous. From the overheating, feet-dropping and warping PowerBook 12" to the noisy fan and midplane problems in the iMac G5. Given there's problems in rev. B and C and etc, but they most frequently arise in rev. A products.

Now... can anyone explain to me just why did I break my personal rule and bought a Mac mini? :D

5. iGary Guest

iGary

That's neat.

I used to work for Marriott and JW Marriott came into our hotel one day...

Nothing special once you actually meet them.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

exactly, especially a huge store like the SOHO one, i know my company does secret shops, and its hard to get a 100% score on them, but my store has been trying, so we shall see how things go at least.

i doubt i would recognize if the CEO of my company came in though, i dont think i even know who he is, our old CEO just left, so we shall see what happens, eh i dont think i will be working there much longer anyways, im ranting, sorry

would have been interesting to see everyones reactions firsthand though

7. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Lucky customers. Imagine going into an apple store one day and getting to meet steve. :rolleyes:

8. mac-er macrumors 65816

I wonder if he used his reality distortion field on any of the customers? :rolleyes:

Maybe he used his "clicker" in the theater. :rolleyes:

Could you imagine being a customer in there, and Steve trying to sell you a new Powerbook? :)

9. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

:D , The customer would get 1 powerbook, 1 iMac, Airport extreme, A. Express, iWork, FCE, iSight (of course), .Mac and the *first HD camcorder* from sony .... :D

10. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

Maybe he lost a bet and had to work a stint in the genius bar.

Sigh, I was expecting a longer article, but thanks for the submission that was fun nonetheless.

11. mac-er macrumors 65816

Anyone here work at the SOHO store that can give us details?

12. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

I think they found a way to embed the RDF into the plastic--and in such a way that mere mention of the product is enough to activate the effect. :D

I'm fighting off the mini temptation myself, actually. It's just so....[SIZE=-2]tiny![/SIZE]

13. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I swear to GOD I saw Steve Jobs on BART one day. (BART=Bay Area Rapid Transport, ie: subway/train)

It was a guy who looked just like Steve, except he had long hair and a beard and ratty clothes. I suspect it was SJ in cognito, doing some research/watching how people behave with their iPods/computers on BART. He wasnt reading or doing anything--just watching people. Interesting...

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Chances are no one will admit to working there, for fear of retaliation. It's all a matter of being in the wright place at the wright time. I treasure the times that i've met someone famous.

This brought a big smile to my face. :D