Steve wants a 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by ReanimationLP, Oct 13, 2005.

1. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

Jan 8, 2005
    On the moon.
    From Gamespot :

"Q: Is there a concern that other companies would update the software on their products like the iPod or the PSP to make them incompatible with the Xbox 360?

JA: You know, you can't worry about stuff like that. [We're with the] consumer to the end on this one and anybody in my company that thought it was a bad idea for us to plug in Sony devices or Apple devices into this thing, I ended that conversation pretty quickly. I said, "This is the right thing to do for consumers." You know, once they've invested $500 for a digital media library, you can't ask them to go buy a 360 music player and a 360 digital camera and--no. They got their stuff. They're going to want to plug it in. We're going to be open here, guys. And if anything, I wish we could be more collaborative with the other companies that are doing those things. And if Sony or Apple called me up and they say, "Hey, we want to do some specific stuff with 360," I'm on it. I think it would not be in anyone's interest to say we're not going to work with 360. I think it's good for them and I think it's good for us. I think it's good for the consumers.

[Apple CEO] Steve [Jobs] asked me for one when this thing comes out. "I want to get one of these things. It's pretty cool." And I was like, "You didn't give me much of a break on those 7,000 G5s we bought from you, you know. We'll ship as many as you want, full retail, baby." No, that's not true. Apple was a good partner with the development kit program. So, I don't think it's pro-consumer to do anything like that. I think it's a silly thing to fight over. "

Hehe. :D Steve wants a 360. Now thats ironic, and awesome.
  2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    Not suprised. He owned an XBox 1 dev kit. Iirc, he prefered using it to using Classic. In fact, he did almost everything in his power to distance himself from it :p
  3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    Just goes to show what kind of guy Steve is... he'll buy a product and be friendly with its creators, despite previous tussles. He's a good guy.
  4. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2005
    Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
    I hate to tangle with the reality distortion field, but...have you ever heard anecdotal accounts of Steve's personality?

Apparently, he's quite the jerk. He's been known to humiliate employees, apparently screwed Steve Woz out of money for Breakout (so I just learned), and has done various other unpleasant things.

A brilliant innovator and visionary? Certainly. A good guy? I'll believe it when I meet him.
  5. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    I've also heard the same things but I like to reserve judgement for myself. So when I do meet him I'll come back and let you guys know how he is. :D
  6. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2005
    Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
    Sounds great, Josh. I can't wait to hear. ;)
  7. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2003
    Look Steve needs to control thousands of people below him, if he isn't ruthless then things will go terribly wrong. i am sure Steve is a good guy but at work i wouldn't want to get in his way. Thats what makes him so good for apple IMO.
  8. kuyu macrumors 6502a

Sep 16, 2003
    Of course Steve wants one. It's going to be Apple's new baby too. How, you ask?

Quite simple really. With the release of iTunes for Windows, Apple made a bold statement. Namely, that they are now a PC software company as well. They want their online music/video distribution system available to as many people as possible.

Everyone I know with a PC uses iTunes, and in turn the music store. Why on earth wouldn't Apple want this to happen with the 360? I bet Apple is hard at work on a 360 version of their music store, built right into the xbox 360 marketplace.

M$ gets credibility by supporting the most popular music player, not to mention instant 'cool factor'. Apple gets another avenue for their media sales. Imagine being able to buy songs on your 360, and rip to your iPod via the USB2 ports... :cool:
  9. pianojoe macrumors 6502

Jul 5, 2001
    N 49.50121 E008.54558
    Er... what kind of world are YOU living in?

This is the most miserable excuse for being an a**h*le that I've ever heard.
  10. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
  11. benpatient macrumors 68000

Nov 4, 2003
    didn't "previous tussles" end with M$ bailing out apple and saving the company from bankruptcy in exchange for a demo copy of Office being installed on every new Mac?

Or to they not like to put it that way?