Steve wants your vote

Discussion in 'Community' started by Toe, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

2. dotnina macrumors 6502a

I guess all the happy Apple stockholders are contributing votes there? :D

Because of "Mac Zealots," as it were, I'd take this with a slight grain of salt. Even when you account for wacky Mac people, though, it's remarkable how high his ratings are, especially in comparison to the other CEOs listed.

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I don't think that even with all the crazy mac zealots out there, that his approval rating could be that high without reflecting the at least some comparison against the approvals of several of the other computer mfg CEOs.

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

What a silly survey. Fiorina, for example, is doing a pretty good job leading HP, but got nasty publicity in the Compaq merger. She's not as sexy as Steve, but she's getting the job done.

5. mms macrumors 6502a

Yes - 686 votes (90%)
    No - 75 votes (10%)

Duh. Anyone who cares enough to vote cares about the company. --> Many people who care about the company spends time on some forum. --> Many people on these forums worship Steve as god. --> Many people are influenced to worship Steve as god.

6. mms macrumors 6502a

The only CEO there to stay consistently above 50%. Lowest was 84%, actually. Go figure.

7. Sir_Giggles macrumors 6502a

Sir_Giggles

8. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Ahh, but she's not making a pretty penny on iPods is she? Well, there was the iPod partnership, but that was sort of a way for hp to jump on and take a bite of the cake. :D

9. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Some of the other CEOs I'm familiar with, some I'm not... But while the survey is unscientific and biased, no one with a brain can deny that SJ is doing a fantastic job of leading Apple.

10. mms macrumors 6502a

I don't think any kind of online poll is meant to be scientific. Naturally the people who care enough to vote is not necessarily representative of the population, the people who surf the net are not necessarily representative of the population, and it's not so hard to manipulate results.

11. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

I had to vote down Fiorina. The complete blunder **** that has occured at HP with their PDA line is insane. Overpriced, underpowered, uninspired products. The only OK device they have is the hx4700, which I have, otherwise its all crap.

IBM. I want to strangle the people who sold off the Thinkpad line. Best x86 laptops on the market. No that is a negitive ghostrider.

Dell is doing OK. Their hardware line could be a little more inspiring, their prices are good, however their customer support is complete ****. The last time I had to call Dell earlier this year I got someone from, at least I thought so, India. Couldn't understand a dang word. All I wanted to know is what was the fastest CPU this Optiplex model I have supported. I ended up hanging up and trying another method using our company's corp support #.

As for Sun. *shrugs* No clue.

Oh be sure to lay the smackdown on Baller in the software section:
    http://www.forbes.com/2004/01/13/cx_ceosoftware.html

I can't believe his Approval rating is as high as it is. For the love of god how many times has Longshot...sorry Longhorn been pushed back?!? :eek: