Steven Jones, & Other 9/11 Conspiracy Theories...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SamIchi, Sep 20, 2006.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Inform me fellow MR's. I recently saw some videos on youtube and got me interested. I tried finding other topics about this in the forum but couldn't find any (MR search tool stinks).

Here's a short interview explaining the his theory.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=To4t5c3LZfg

Here's the first part of his lecture that he presents. You can find the other parts on Youtube if you wish, it's pretty long.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=a1V6FuiEV64

Here's another site, taking on myths and theories.
    http://911myths.com/

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Actually, the Google search tool seems to be pretty good...helped me find this similar topic.

I suppose there is reason to listen to good questions presented by sound academics (physicists, for example) -- and there are quite a few people like that who are asking questions. As in any catastrophic event, there are some issues that remain unsatisfactorily explained, such as the collapse of WTC 7.

The people I can't stand are the self-appointed Michael Moore wanna-bes, like the ones who claim there was a "pod" below one of the planes that hit the WTC. The "pod" supposedly contained explosives. Closer examination later revealed the "pod" to be a landing gear door that had partially deployed.

Others claim to have seen puffs of smoke denoting explosives. Those have been reasonably explained as grit and dust from the initial impact being blown out from the building as it pancaked downward.

3. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Conspiracy theories are far more soul-satisfying and entertaining to the tinfoil hat crowd than the boring presentations of structural engineers.

The conspiracists keep forgetting that it's "Shiny side out!"

'Rat

4. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

But there isn't any evidence that says that it wasn't explosives that caused those puffs of smoke, or squibs as they call it in demolition talk. Both that, and the pancake effect are more common to the use of explosives or other devices (thermite).

A lot of his stuff makes a lot of sense, and has been presented to his peers, who agree, which really makes me think.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Personally I find presentations by structural engineers to be very interesting. Fascinating if done right.

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Too bad the evidence that proved the negative collapsed into a pile of rubble, then. So it must have been explosives, then.

No serious group of scientists have signed onto any one of these theories.

It's ****ing retarded, and an insult to the memory of those who died.

7. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Agreed.

The ideas these people have... I'll bet you Hoffa and Elvis are really behind it!!!!!!!!

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

No, but that's the problem with proving a negative. There also isn't any evidence that UFOs weren't involved.

I'm not saying it's not possible that there were explosives. But the burden of proof is on the conspiracy theorists to show that it wasn't just a natural effect.

9. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Such a conformist. And to not want to learn the reality of it is even more insulting.

10. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Of course there are some wild theories that serve to discredit any attempt
    to re investigate the facts about 9/11.

I'm not swallowing the " official " story for one second.

There are just too many odd exclusions in the official investigation to give me
    any comfort.

The most glaring fault is in the way critical forensic procedures were not followed.

The real conspiracy is in the way 9/11 was used to justify blank check funding
    of miltary industrial interests with virtually no oversight.

The motive as always is money.

Just a brief review of PNAC's Rebuilding America's Defenses tells me all I need to know.

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

What do you know that I don't? Don't ****ing insult me. Can you start with that? :mad:

My brother was part of the Pentagon cleanup crew (they had to use Army grunts b/c of the classified nature of the building). Do you really think the government could have kept a scandal this huge hidden from everyone?

12. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Bush co-conspirited the 9/11 attacks... The moon landing is a complete fraud. Bigfoot lives in my backyard...Bush also blew up the Levis in NO....Bush also created hurricanes back in 2005 because he hates poor people.... big oil companies are conspring behind closed doors to keep the world a slave to oil.... there are more, aren't there.

I doubt ony of 'em know about watergate.

You nutcases who believe this crap need to read this book Of course, you're going to argue that this is the agent of disinformation, right? :rolleyes:

Online Article

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

None of this garbage makes any sense, but what does make sense are those airliners that were flown into the buildings for the "glory" of Allah. I guess Allah gets happy whenever you murder a bunch of Innocent people:confused: No one had any idea that the buildings would be so vulnerable until afterwards. A plane loaded with fuel is what it is. Why do so many want to ignore whats right in front of them? The Earth is flat, watch out for the edge.

14. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Link

15. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Wait wait wait. Staging a military-led coup d'état by attacking a military institution? Do these people even think before they type? :confused:

16. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

One factoid often overlooked.

The Pentagon office that suffered the most damage on 9/11
    was the accounting office.

On September 10, 2001, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for. Rumsfeld stated: "According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions."

Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the attack on New York City and Washington in the morning would assure that the story remained buried. To the trillions already missing from the coffers, an obedient Congress terrorized by anthrax attacks would add billions more in appropriations to fight the "War on Terror."

The Comptroller of the Pentagon at the time of the attack was Dov Zakheim, who was appointed in May of 2001. Before becoming the Pentagon's money-manager, he was an executive at System Planning Corporation, a defense contractor specializing in electronic warfare technologies including remote-controlled aircraft systems.

Zakheim is a member of the Project for a New American Century and participated in the creation of its 2000 position paper Rebuilding America's Defenses which called for "a New Pearl Harbor."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/01/29/eveningnews/main325985.shtml

17. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

That's almost true. They don't need to hide behind closed doors because they do most of their dirty work in plain sight and we can't do anything about it.

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You must be new here, you obviously don't know anything about pb. ;)

It's not so much a conspiracy as a big **** up. There are lots of horrible things going on in plain sight that need investigating. Some are, some aren't. Some gets lost in the bs and falls through the cracks. Some of it people just don't care about. I'm all for looking into the corruption and madness that's really there, but I wish people didn't spend so much time and effort chasing windmills because it really does take away from the real stuff. I still like that people look though.

19. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

There's more to this than most of you might ever dream possible.

My father worked very closely with the Inspector General's group at the Pentagon
    before he retired in 1960.

He told me about Operation Northwoods in so many words while driving with
    me on the way to register for Selective Service in 1972.

Even if the events of 9/11 went down as explained in the " official report "
    it does not mean that there wasn't a plan to use such an event to justify
    unbridled funding of military industrial contracts with almost no oversight.

Sadly the events of 9/11 turned out to be very good for business.

I think history will reveal there was much more to this than we have been told.

The extent of this administration's secrecy is unmatched in any previous administration.

We probably won't know everything until those involved are dead and gone
    or too old to justiify incarceration.