stevens is having a go at cable now

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 1, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh, [expletive deleted] this guy!! :mad:

I'm sorry to be losing my temper, but I am so [expletive deleted] tired of this [expletive deleted].

They have turned every bit of rational thought upside down and inside out. Used to be if you said something that brain-damaged, you'd get hooted out of town. "You don't want cable content? Don't buy it, [expletive deleted]!" No, that's not good enough. This [expletive deleted] doesn't want us to be able to choose the kind of content we want in our homes.

But no, that's not censorship!

The scary thing is, this Puritan imbecile probably would take it to the Supreme Court...and in this sanctimonious, holier-than-thou environment, he'd probably win.

Just how nutso are these people going to get???? :mad:

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Sorry about that, chief. One year on, and I'm still learning the ins and outs of this place. :rolleyes: I thought "circumventing" was more like t-h-i-s. You know, using tricks to spell out the whole word. I'll watch myself from now on. :eek:

4. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Too much money behind cable and sat. News Corp, alone, has the lobbying power to squash this move. I think it's just posturing on the part of the right. Even if it passed Congress, it would immediately be challenged in court and languish there for years. I just don't see this happening, ever. If it does, I'm moving.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

IMO, its bad enough that we pay a lot a month for cable TV and a majority of the channels are STILL censored. And same regarding satellite radio. I had Sirius in my car for almost a year and temporarily suspended my account while I re-do the system in my car (but plan on re-activating sometime soon) and besides commercial free, nationwide radio, I loved how I could listen to songs without every other word being taken out. Plus, also looking forward to Stern. However, if this guy does get his way and censors satellite radio, I certainly won't be signing up again, if I wanted to hear music that's been censored to hell, I'd hit the button to turn on FM.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Seems Adelphia (who's CEO is a big GOP sponsor) has reversed it's earlier decision to show XXX shows on it's network. I wonder if the fear of FCC fines overcame their desires for a large profit; or if they suddenly had a moral crisis... :p