Steve's family was there, so...

Discussion in 'Event Archives' started by iSaint, Jan 10, 2007.

1. macrumors 603

iSaint

did you think he was going to retire? ...or take a leave? That was my first thought.

2. macrumors 68040

3. macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

He was probably so excited with the iPhone that he just had to have them there. Don't look into this too much :)

4. macrumors 6502a

a456

The point was to thank his family and all the other families for their support in helping get the iPhone ready in the build up to the expo and over the preceding years. Steve thanked the families in his keynote directly. I guess it to the public it says 'we do magic but we have personal lives too', maybe this is the softer side of Steve coming out.

5. macrumors regular

The iPhone is likely to be 10 times more successful than the iPod and he wanted to share the moment (introducing his/Apple's greatest achievment so far) with family.

What would you say? "naw, mom, why don't you just stay home for this one. you can catch the live feeds on macrumors.com...."
    yeah. i didn't think so.

6. macrumors 68040

and what's wrong with that? :D

7. macrumors 603

Markleshark

I thought that was it for him, yep. Thought that the iPhone was his last Hurrah!

8. macrumors 603

Warbrain

This was a product that has been pretty secret - even though there have been rumors about it - for so long and it was such a monumental announcement that the families had to be there.

9. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

Steve said in the CNBC interview post-keynote:
    (loosely quoted) "I serve at the pleasure of the board of directors and the stockholders, and as long as they are happy with the job I'm doing, I'd love to keep doing this job."

To me, that doesn't sound like he's going anywhere anytime soon.

10. macrumors 65816

Squonk

Maybe his family has not seen him much in the 2.5 years of iPhone development. Honey, I'll see you in six months once this is released! :D

/humor