Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

typecase

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Hello all,

Starting with WWDC 2005 and every keynote since then, I've noticed Steve drinks a pretty distinctive brand of water when he doing his presentation. It has a clear bottle with a red printing on it and a spout top. Does anyone know what brand this is? Just curious. :)

typecase

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Actually, I answered my own question. I took a look at the Media Event quicktime stream, captured an image and using the halftone filter in Photoshop, you can make out that it is indeed Smartwater Sport (750ml) from Glacéau . Click on the image below to convince yourself. I've included an inset picture from their website. :D

austinbond

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2004
I love smart water! you can get like a 50oz for like a buck fifty...not bad compared to my school selling 20oz Dasani crap water for a whole dollar.

direzz

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2006
austinbond said:
I love smart water! you can get like a 50oz for like a buck fifty...not bad compared to my school selling 20oz Dasani crap water for a whole dollar.

its 1.50 for dasanicrap at my school. yup.

austinbond

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2004
ur getting ripped off more than me...its hillarious...Coke adds salt to Dasani so you'll buy more water....just look on the side at the ingrediants....btw what state do u buy 1.50 water

timswim78

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2006
Baltimore, MD
austinbond said:

At my college we had water fountains everywhere, and the water was free.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
typecase said:
Actually, I answered my own question. I took a look at the Media Event quicktime stream, captured an image and using the halftone filter in Photoshop, you can make out that it is indeed Smartwater Sport (750ml) from Glacéau . Click on the image below to convince yourself. I've included an inset picture from their website. :D

I think there's a blurry alien head directly behind him. :eek:

jkballer23

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
wtf, I can't find this water anywhere. Everywhere I look they are always out of stock. I want to try it, but can't find it. Where are some places to get it?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
jkballer23 said:
wtf, I can't find this water anywhere. Everywhere I look they are always out of stock. I want to try it, but can't find it. Where are some places to get it?

Amazon?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
You can go to their web site and enter your ZIP code to find stores that carry their products. But you can't narrow it down by product line...they also make VitaminWater, which is a lot more prevalent.

jkballer23

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
WildCowboy said:
You can go to their web site and enter your ZIP code to find stores that carry their products. But you can't narrow it down by product line...they also make VitaminWater, which is a lot more prevalent.
I did using my school zip and only one place came up, which was Target. I went to CVS and they had some Vitamin Water, but no Smart Water. But, I also put in the area code near my home, where there was a Target, but it came up with no results. So, I can't trust their "find stores near you".

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
I've become a Vitamin Water addict. A couple of their flavors are misses, but they're all subtle enough in taste that it doesn't make a big difference.

We usually walk out of Costco with a couple of 15-packs of the stuff, and it doesn't last long. The only downer is the huge amount of plastic from all those bottles. We recycle every last one, but the popularity of bottled water is an ecological bane due to the fact that most water bottles end up in the landfill.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I can't stand Vitamin Water. The taste is just so bland...it tastes like Gatorade diluted 5:1 with water. If I want taste, I'll drink something with actual taste. If not, I'll go with water.

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
austinbond said:
ur getting ripped off more than me...its hillarious...Coke adds salt to Dasani so you'll buy more water....just look on the side at the ingrediants....btw what state do u buy 1.50 water

Well whatever works. Nothing wrong with doing that.

Fiji water is where its at. Although most of the time, water just tastes like water.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
WildCowboy said:

Will it make u smart? Check it out for yourself!, July 13, 2005
Reviewer: DukeCarMaster987 (A hot, dry, and sticky place) - See all my reviews
This water is supposed to make you smart. I don't know about that, I've never drank it the night before a test and got an A, I've never tried it for school purposes.

I did drink it the night I bought my camera (hp m407v) and I believe it worked.

So, maybe you guys can go get some and try it? [...] Good luck!

-Ricky

Last Word:
You have to try it yourself!

^That just made my day.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i love smartwater. I normally get it Stop and shop its in the natural food area. You can also see if Whole Foods has it...

C

CompUser

Perhaps it is a bottle of apple promotional water, branded with the words "Apple Computer" or something like that.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
CompUser said:
Perhaps it is a bottle of apple promotional water, branded with the words "Apple Computer" or something like that.

OhoH! Its hard to imagine a more industrial design water bottle than that... I can only think of a few things to change. I think next time I see it ill pick it up, and tell everyone im drinking the water steve jobs uses. See what crazy looks i get:cool: :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.