Stickers on Uk cars?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by glosterseagul, Apr 17, 2005.

1. glosterseagul macrumors regular

I have seen none..'cept mine - stuck it on last week.

Anyone seen ANY in the uk? Seema they all over the US. :rolleyes:

2. naltst* macrumors member

i cant afford a car but i have one on my kayak...

3. Yossarian macrumors member

I have one on mine :D look out for a dark blue 106 pootling around Surrey. I cant recall seeing one on any other car.

4. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

I have been tidying up recently at home and came accross 1 x Original Rainbow Apple logo.

It's going on my next car in a month or two. Not sure where to put it though. It's meant to be stuck on the outside of something but i'd rather have it on the inside of a window. Was thinking the rear window below the brake light, but then it would be reversed. :confused:

5. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I've seen 1.. but..

but i know the guy whose car it is :)

I've also got one of the rainbow ones, cant wait to stick that on.. will be replaced with a white one though when the colours fade.

Theres also someone at work whose stuck a white sticker on their PC laptop :rolleyes:

6. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I've got quite a few Apple Stickers kickin about and I'm real tempted to put one on my car. Unfortunately I'm one of those people who is obsessed with the look of their car, and I'd need to know that it'd be easy enough to remove if needs be. I have only ever seen ONE car with an Apple sticker in Northern Ireland, and that person drives a Ford Focus too!

Do you stick them on the outside of the glass, or on the inside?

7. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

That was my point... If you stick them on the inside the logo would be reversed ('bite' facing the left) but if you put it on the outside someone could peel it off and it would get scruffy over time.

8. dPratt macrumors member

If you want to put the sticker inside (to protect it) plus have it face the correct way, don't use the sticker's adhesive side to stick it to the window. Get some clear tape (something strong like packaging tape would work) and tape it to the inside of the window. For a clearner look, cut the tape in the shape of the sticker... it would have to be a bit larger for overlap, of course. Yes, I'm slightly obsessive compulsive about these things...

9. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

sticky back plastic, put your sticker on and then put the whole thing on a window.

10. iGav macrumors G3

then why not D/L an .eps version of the Apple logo, print it out, take it to a sign shop and get them to cut you out a reverse logo. ;)

11. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

Some good idea's there peoples, wasn't really planning on putting in that much effort though to be frank :p I did once think it would be cool if my car made a startup chime when you turned the key :cool: