Stickies: Is there a mac equal to M$ stickies with voice recording

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ibook30, Jan 17, 2007.

1. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

I've been playing around with my work laptop running XP, and used the MS stickies - they allow voice recordings. This is a good feature, allows me to make quick spoken notes.

How can we make similiar notes on the Mac?

I know GarageBand will allow me to record from the internal microphone, but is there anything quicker?

Further- is there a quick and easy way to make video notes on a Mac with an iSight?

Any advice / experience will be appreciated! Thanks!

2. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Third party software on the PC? I'm not aware of any Microsoft Sticky note application.

3. applelabs macrumors member

4. ibook30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ibook30

Much appreciated! I'll look into those options.

If anyone eles can offer script or other apps to make quick notes in an audible or video fashion- I'm interested!

Edit: Just downoaded Broadcaster, and am anxious to work with it - thanks again

5. applelabs macrumors member

I forgot to mention Voice Notes ($6)
    It's a dashboard widget that lets you record, store, and listen to audio recordings.

6. Bluefusion macrumors 6502

Bluefusion

Most of the major notetaking apps, of which there are many (all of which are superior to equivalent Windows programs) -- will do this. My favorite by far is Soho Notes (formerly Stickybrain, but it bears almost no resemblance). Trust me, it rocks :D

7. applelabs macrumors member

Using Audio Recorder, Play Sound and AppleScript, I made my own Audio note taker/maker app.
    It's called "Audio Notes". Basically, I just used AppleScript to tie Audio Recorder and Play Sound together.

Get it here.

8. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You've gotten quite a few responses so far, but I thought I'd mention OmniOutliner as well. You can record voice notes to go along with your written notes/lists, similar to the MS Word notebook functionality.