Stickies won't work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by number9, Nov 1, 2004.

1. number9 macrumors 6502

I recently opened stickies for the first time in several months, because I felt compelled to start using it again. Since the last time I used it, Stickies has been upgraded i believe as part of one of the more recent system updates. Now when I open a new note in stickies, it shows up only in the minimized, "window-shade" version. If I clock on any of the things on the note (the close button, the min/max button) the window just disappears, but still shows up in the windows menu in the toolbar. If i try to drag the lower right hand corner of the note to expand it, it only increases in size horizontally, and i still cannot see any text in it. If i double click on the not it self, it also disappears. I'm really at a loss as to why it is doing this. any suggestions?

2. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

have you tried deleting the stickies preference file?

(incase you dont know) its in username/library/preferences/com.apple.Stickies.plist

just trash the file and open stickies up again.
    Its worth a try

3. number9 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! That worked. I usually try not to mess around with any of the stuff in the library for different apps cuz I don't feel like screwing anything up. I'm more than the average mac user, as I've been using macs all the way back since OS 7, and have only used windows because of school and whatnot, but I'm no expert when it comes to getting down to the base level stuff. Granted deleting a preference file isn't exactly a huge thing, but its certainly somehting I wouldn't have thought of doing. thanks again!

4. chickenwing macrumors newbie

I have some what of the same issue however I wasn't messing around with the stickies application. I was using it just fine yesterday, however today when I click on the application it does not open. All it does is jump once and not open. I have no clue how to fix it -_____-

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

So did you try what was suggested above??

It's not obvious if you don't say so.

6. jetjaguar macrumors 68020

jetjaguar

sorry to hijack .. but how do u make mutiple sticky notes .. it only allows me to write on one no matter what i do i cant figure it out:confused: