sticky widget- can it b backed up?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flyfish29, Oct 30, 2005.

1. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

Feb 4, 2003
    New HAMpshire
    I have been using the stickies widget provided with OSX Tiger and I love it, but is there a way to back it up? I have quite a bit of info on the widget stickies. (currently 10 stickies)

This is what I read in the help on OSX

Sticky notes in your Dashboard remain available until you close them. You can copy and paste items in sticky notes, but you cannot save your notes.

This leads me to believe that I am living dangerously with all this info???

Is there a better widget that I can store short lists on? What I use the widgets for are questions I need to ask each one of my employees. I am a school principal and can't just call up a teacher and ask them something so I jot it down on the widget sticky and ask them when I get a chance. I like having an easy way to bring up the lists and getting rid of them without opening a document or anything. Is there a better way?
  2. jmufellow macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2005
    You can always use the stickies app and hide it when you're not using it. At least it has a little more options as far as saving goes. but not as convienient as dashboard
  3. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Backup /Users/[yourname]/Library/Preferences/

Then you'll be fine.
  4. DeltaBugles macrumors newbie

Jan 15, 2009
    How do you load that? I had a lot of information and then I accidentally went to 'manage widgets' and all of the sudden, poof. All my stickies gone from my dashboard. How do I get my info back?