still a newbie ?

Discussion in 'Community' started by rock6079, May 12, 2004.

1. rock6079 macrumors 6502

ok ive been a member since january. ive been to this site for over a year. how long till im not a "macrumors newbie". i don;t post often.. but im still ehre almost everyday and still in the forums.. when will this change ?????

also.. how are threads chosen to be put on the front page? random? or buy certain stats ?

thanks

2. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

I think its somewhere around 50-100...yeah 17 posts from a whole year = not alot of posting. Post more :)

3. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

New news items of high importance are posted on page 1. Less-reliable info and random news items are placed on "page2". The other forums change with most recent post.

If you post a reply to a "hardware" topic, it will jump to the top until another topic has a new post. It keeps the most active posts on the front page.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i believe the ones that are chosen to be on the front page are selected by most current post, so if someone posts in a thread that one gets bumped back up to the front....and check the site's FAQ for member stats, it takes posts to increase your ranking

5. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

Speaking of which - how many posts do you need to do to get an avatar?

6. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

Taken directly from this Mac Rumors Forum FAQ

7. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

8. Dros macrumors 6502

You are impatient! You are posting twice a day... the first post author posts once every 10 days. Guess who will hit 500 posts in 5 months and who will hit 500 posts in 15 years! :eek:

9. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

be sure not to spam, though. only post real relevant thoughts, comments. no (severe) flames, etc. i did the same thing, except i lurked for 2 years, I now post on a regular basis. just start getting involved in some conversations. oh, and HAVE FUN! This is a great place!