still elligible for ipod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by orijinal, Aug 8, 2005.

1. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

i purchased my new powerbook yesterday. i wasn't planning on getting an ipod since i already had one, but now i'm interested in that offer.

can i still go back and take advantage of the offer?

2. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

I don't believe so; you have to purchase the PB (edu discount) AND iPod at the same time.
    Here's the link to the page on the Apple edu store - click on "Terms and Conditions."

http://store.apple.com/AppleStore/W...s2DMNPdA2mkWmNPm/3.0.0.11.1.0.6.7.3.5.1.0.1.3

Hope that helps!

3. prp134 macrumors regular

oh i thought u could buy the ipod later on, cuz i was at the store once and over heard a conversation with a sales associate, he was telling the customer that you would recieve a rebate in the mail for 179 and you could used that for any ipod it didnt have to be a mini ipod, but what i understood was that you could purchase the ipod at a later time

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You can buy a different iPod and get the $170 off of it, but yeah, you have to buy it at the same time on the same receipt. Sorry. :(

5. prp134 macrumors regular

:( oh that sucks, guess I cant buy my speakers then

6. WillMak macrumors 6502a

Oh you people give up too easily. Cheer up mates! I made the same mistake as you guys did. Just call them up or go to the store explain the situation and they'll let you off the hook. I did just that and the ipod offer became valid again for me.