Still Image

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jen5678, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Jen5678 macrumors regular

Does anyone know how to capture an image from dvd player?

2. Fender2112 macrumors 6502a

Fender2112

You can pause the DVD and then use Grab to capture the image. It's located in Applications >> Utilities.

3. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

You cannot use Grab when the DVD Player application is open. Nor can you use the command+option+3, command+control+option+3, command+option+4, command+control+option+4, command+option+4+spacebar or command+control+option+4+spacebar keyboard shortcuts while the DVD Player application is open.

In order to take a screenshot of a DVD playing in the DVD Player application you need 3rd party software. Try using SnapNDrag by Yellow Mug software: http://www.yellowmug.com/snapndrag/

This program should solve the problem. It's free too!

4. devman macrumors 65816

devman

you can use the screencapture program from the Terminal. e.g. screencapture -c

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I create my own DVDs so not being able to do screen captures in DVD player or even in Finder, is just plain criminal. Until Apple stops treating people like me as criminals, I will refuse to use Finder.

6. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

What do you mean you can't capture pictures in Finder? Of course you can. The problem is that you can't capture pictures while the DVD Player application is open, no matter what program you are in. I'm assuming that Apple makes it hard for users to take pictures from DVDs because of copyright laws.

7. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular