Still Images from Screensavers

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by atacinus, Aug 24, 2004.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

Hey, i was watching the 'nature' screensaver that comes in OS X and thought that some of the images would make a pretty good background...is there anyway to capture these images [or do they already exist hidden on the harddrive] where i can go and set them as the background?

Thanks,
    Christien.

2. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Libraries -> Desktop Pictures -> Nature

3. atacinus thread starter macrumors 6502

well...

that only gives me about 5 of the fifteen or so 'slides' that are on the screensaver and the ones i want aren.t in it?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Christien.

4. vniow macrumors G4

From what I can remember, (I don't have a Mac at the moment so I'm trying my best) the screensaver is a bundled package somewhere in the Home directory I believe. If not then search for the .saver extention and you should find something with nature in it. Right/cntrol click on the package and look inside its contents. You should find all the images you want there. Also you can look in other screen savers and grab those pictures as well, if they're the same type. You can also add or remove any other pic for the screen saver itself.

Hope this helps,

-V

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

Good memory. To clarify just a little bit, you can CTRL-click on the .slideSaver file, which is located in your System:Library:Screen Savers folder and choose "Show Package Contents." Inside the contents folder is a Resources folder. Inside the Resources folder are all of the images used.

6. iGeek macrumors newbie

iGeek

Screengrab

Incidentally, is there a good way to do a spur-of-the moment screen grab of a screensaver? I know you can hold down Command-Shift, invoke the screensaver, then press 3, but that requires planning. Is there a way to make the screensaver respond only to mouse movement and not keyboard? I don't use a screensaver myself, but It would be useful to know.

-iGeek

7. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Wow thanks emu and vniow. I just got a bunch of pics from the beach screensaver. They're so pretty.