Still more secrets about the Revolution

Discussion in 'Games' started by Poff, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

Aparently Miyamoto claims there is still more secrets with the Revolution. As we've been speculating. What do you think it can be? cube.ign.com

Edit:Also, could he be talking about other things about the Rev and not the controller. The way he said it, it doesn't have to be about the controller at all.

2. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Hmmm, interesting. Not exactly sure what it could be. The Rev knows the angle, direction, etc of the controller, perhaps they are going to tell us that it knows the position relative to the tv, too? Somewhat like the old Duckhunt gun. Not breakthrough [obviously, Duckhunt :)], but it would be cool for FPS or even sword fights and the like. Other than that, I'm not really sure what they are talking about.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The Rev controller will use the same material as the T2000 and be able to morph into additional controllers?

My guess is the controller has some kind of human activity monitor. a heart rate monitor, grip sensitive etc. All which can be used to no end with the Revs controller. It builds upon what Silicon Knights were getting at with Eternal Darkness.

truth is we always knew there was more to the Rev. Nintendo have been working on this baby since 2001, they've invested a mountain load of their time and money into making a system unlike any other. there are many secrets still out there like the speeds, final look, final NAME, set in stone HD details, interface, etc.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

damn nintendo is closed mouth about the REV. sounds like they are trying to shock the 360 and PS3 back into place. dont sleep on nintendo.

Bless

5. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

[​IMG]

Oooh...maybe it has nothing to do with the controller......a new ROB perhaps?? :p

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

He's a good racer on Mario Kart too. whats the story with Rob?

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

they might try the whole virtual boy thing again....NO Nindento!

Bless

8. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I loved the virtual boy, mario tennis rocked on it!!!! My eyes would hurt after a while though. Worst system ever was the r-zone, cheap wannabe copy of the virtual boy.

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i can't wait to see what else nintendo has in store for the Rev.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't get why people crap on about the Virtual Boy. I bet 99% of these farts haven't even seen one, let alone played one.
    I got ahold of one the other week and I went from thinking it was a stinker to "ok, they're cheap on eBay but i could buy one right now from my local GameStation".

I salute the only real 3D game console.

11. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I've used a Virtual Boy and it was an eye straining POS, but then I doubt Nintendo could ever do anything wrong in your eyes raggedjimmi? ;)

12. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

Miyamoto is a genius; he's the Steve Jobs of games. I suspect that the Revolution will be the best console ever. The 360 is very nice, but it doesn't improve on gameplay as far as I can tell (from playing with one at Target). I think the Revolution may reinvent the user interface; I see no evidence that the PS3 will do that.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

eyestraining for you, but the model I was playing had been used by a guy since its launch. no complaints there either. but hey we're just the lucky ones? maybe my eyes have been warped over the years through my Amiga on a non-scart connection to my 26" TV.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

thats true about the VB....it was fun but it always hurt my eyes when i played it over an hour.....but it was fun.

Bless

15. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Built-In Waffle Maker!!!111

My guess is some sort of built-in wifi. Think about how easy it would be to integrate and what a great selling point it would be for most people. No additional accessories needed to use online services and maybe even web surfing using the wireless controller :)

16. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

ROB was a NES accessory that was used with a game called Gyromite back in 85. Didnt sell too well, so they're quite rare. One with all the pieces will fetch hundreds on eBay, espically if its the NES ROB Action Set.

17. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I couldn't agree with you more...I'm very eager to see some screenshots of some games...basically just more news on the Revolution will be accepted with open arms

18. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I think saying Miyamoto is the Woz of gaming would be paying him more respect.

19. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I should go find my Virtual Boy and play some Mario Tennis.

20. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

Well.. they've allready said it does exactly that. :D :cool:

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I think one of the new features feeds on the link between the DS and Revolution (Which i am still sure will be called the RS) will be the ability to transfer NES and SNES games to the DS. Its possible.

SNES Resolution is 256 X 224. Single screen DS is 256x192.
    oh wait, i've blown my own theory out the water.

well whatever the secret is, there will be so much (seamless) connectivity between DS and Rev.

22. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

That would actually be really cool. I hope that the cradle they make for the controller so you can play traditional games is good too. Nintendo has always has great controllers, and even though the new remote thing is really cool, it will be nice to sit back and play traditionally every once in a while.

23. bentley macrumors 6502

nintendo have alreadya announced the rev will be wifi

24. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Perhaps it will have the ability to rip CDs to make custom soundtracks to certain games, a la Xbox.
    I could dig it.

25. risc macrumors 68030

risc