Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
It takes still photos

"Point and shoot.

An awesome view. A decked-out cupcake. Your dog looking unbearably cute. If you want to take a quick photo to upload to your Facebook page, either camera on iPod touch can also capture stills. Just tap on the screen to adjust exposure. Then post to Facebook and let the comments begin."

at0miq

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
So 960x720 is like how many megapixels?
Is the quality of the 960x720 is better than VGA but less than of 1MP??

macnerdiac

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2010
Photos stills?

anyone know how many megapixels that ipod takes?? Does VGA suck compared to megapixels in image stills?
I was looking forward to the ipod touch taking photos that what i really wanted :rolleyes:

ingraman

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
It's VGA. Less than one megapixel. Pretty disappointing. Didn't expect 5 like on the iphone 4, but at least 3.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I might be in the minority, but I'm fine with the relatively low-res still cam on the back. I'm happy it's got a back cam at all. If I want to take quality photos for anything that matters, I'll use my real camera. I'm just psyched about the HD video, cause the iPhone video was pretty nice.

macnerdiac

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2010
I might be in the minority, but I'm fine with the relatively low-res still cam on the back. I'm happy it's got a back cam at all. If I want to take quality photos for anything that matters, I'll use my real camera. I'm just psyched about the HD video, cause the iPhone video was pretty nice.

yea i just changed my mind i guess your right :D

Josh0806

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
To be honest, its not THAT bad. Its just a simple basic camera for social network uploads and not a full blown HQ camera. Besides, the photos will look great on the retina display!

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
It should be fine for the purpose intended, the Nintendo DSi only has a 0.3 MP camera and people still use it. It will be fine for those in the moment pictures, which is what this will be used for. I have a digital camera too so if I want to take pics of things that matter, I would use that.

I also assume this can be used for apps, like barcode scanning, which is what I really wanted it for.

Honestly I think we should be happy it got a rear camera. Lets face it they could have given us just a facetime camera (somehow) and people would have still bought the device. Heck people would buy the device regardless of what apple does. After last year's update, I am satisfied.

tubemonkey

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009

Hmmm... last year's nano camcorder would've also been sufficient. If I want to take quality HD video for anything that matters, I'll use my real camcorder.

Sound familiar? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.