iPad mini Still Searching To Buy One?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleRobert, Nov 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 68040

I'm just curious at this point who has been trying and has still come up empty. They are very scarce in my area but I'll be sure to update if I learn who has got them in stock when they arrive.

I got lucky was all. I'm glad I picked it up when I saw it because I'd be in the same boat unfortunately. I wanted the black and that luckily is what they had.

2. macrumors 6502a

kdoug

Need the info.....:confused:

3. macrumors regular

Kept checking BB and no luck. Got a call from the local pretend apple store, they said mine had arrived. Stopped at BB on the way and now they claim that we can't order anymore minis. Wtf! Went over to the Authorized and picked up the 3 they held for me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353373919.002887.jpg

4. thread starter macrumors 68040

It was at Best Buy about a week ago and they are all out now. And you are about 1,000 miles from me. Sorry about that.

5. macrumors 6502

My local Meijer store had some when I was there today...

6. macrumors 68000

Try http://milo.com to search and if it shows in stock, call to confirm. This worked for me, but decided not to go get it since the store was further than I was willing to drive.

7. macrumors 6502a

Macmall

8. macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Decided to start searching for one in the DC area. Will post up if i find any

9. macrumors 65816

Knowimagination

I have been searching for the last week or so and still can't find the one I want.

10. macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I've been searching daily here in Toronto for over a week now (3 Apple Stores, 2 Best Buys, Future Shop, Staples to name a few) and nothing.
    I'm looking specifically for a white 16GB wifi though, could have picked up a black one last Friday at Eaton Centre Apple Store (reopening morning so extra stock), but still no white.
    I'll pick up a 4th gen white instead on Friday if I don't find the Mini by then.

11. macrumors newbie

I've been looking for a day, a week or so, I still can't find one I want

12. macrumors 6502a

I showed up at the grand opening of the Willow Grove store and picked up a Black LTE model as soon as I walked in. I think I was somewhere close to the 1,000 mark because they stopped giving out free shirts shortly after I came.

13. macrumors 6502a

Why don't people buy from Macmall? Free shipping, no tax and in stock.

14. macrumors 6502

The return policy ain't great.

15. macrumors 65816

Been calling Best Buy and Target in my area for a couple days with no luck. I'm not going to buy online since returns are a pain.

16. macrumors 6502a

Why would one return an almighty iPad mini?

17. macrumors 6502

Ok. Looking at macmalls return policy it isn't as difficult as I remembered it to be.

18. macrumors 6502a

I managed to score two cellular minis -- AT&T 64 gig black and a 32 gig white -- using the apple store app. My pickup will be tomorrow in Boston. My guess is that apple stores are getting A big shipment tomorrow!

19. macrumors member

my store finally had the model i wanted in stock for pick up tmrw. looking forward to getting it .

20. thread starter macrumors 68040

I rather deal with a local retailer than buying any piece of electronics by mail order.

21. macrumors 6502

I bought from macmall. Ordered Friday for overnight delivery got it Saturday and it was flawless. Friend wanted iPad mini. He was leaving country Sunday night and he had no idea the ipad mini was so hard to find. So i bought from macmall for him who had it in stock and had Saturday FedEx delivery option.

Flawless transaction and he received a perfect out of the box 16 gig black wifi ipad mini with very little effort spent chasing around for it.

22. macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Most of the stores it my area(DC) showed stock for reserve last night on the 16, 32 & 64gb models last night. As well as the AT&T model I checked. Was still undecided on which color so didn't reserve and knew the wife would kill me if I came home with both a white and black model so I took my chances and went in this morning to make a decision and hope they had stock to sell.

Both employees I talked to said no regular stock and to try and reserve one tonight.

Hopefully they are getting a shipment tonight again

23. macrumors 6502

That's the problem I see so many people on this forum buying a mini they don't really want cause they just have to have it. Either they don't want the color or they want higher capacity storage etc. etc. and they buy the ones they don't want and then return them which makes it harder for other people to simply buy an iPad mini because these people are buying ones they dont want with no intention of keeping them.

I think Apple should go back to the restocking fee and then maybe this will alleviate this constant buying and returning and switching that seems rampant.

24. macrumors 68020

Squilly

Damn you live close to me. Willow Grove, PA? I've been searching as well, still see nothing in stores.

25. macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't say this is a true blanket statement whatsoever.