Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
But maybe not just "another" car magazine. They would probably be from well-known/well-established/long-time car magazine who earn a living by reviewing cars.

Much like GSMArena or Android Authority who have been around for a long time reviewing phones et al.

You lost me here... are you suggesting that YOUR points about what the iPhone is missing are analogous to what a well established car magazine would list as gaps in a car? If so, that is kind of ridiculous. A well established car magazine would understand the market for the car and how the majority of buyers would use it.

You are nothing close to the target customer for Apple (for sure), or even for most smartphone makers. You don't use it for social media, banking, business, or personal things. You apparently are most concerned with ring tones and features in the music player. Android has that stuff, so go with Android.

Apple does have a clear vision alright. But on where i am right now their success is giving their hardware fancy and catchy titles, being "ahead" of its competitors with expensive hardware, etc. Yes it has been proven countless times that with cheap labour they are selling (for example) a Macbook for £700 which in actuality has been put on almost half of its original price. It's sort of like a dress from a well-known high street shop such as Zara or Mango. A £70 dress is actually only £30 with materials made, labour, etc. Dunno if is see my point here. They try and inflate the prices thinking that people will think of them as "high' quality" or posh-looking.

I would maybe agree with you on my comment about incremental upgrade. Yes your user base might be a lot but you can never tell if they actually like the incremental upgrades or not. If you have a camera of 8MP for 3 years surely one would be bored by now and perhaps consider looking at the competition for better features, etc. Yes again there were incremental updates to the cameras through the years. I had a 4S, 5C, 5S & 6. It was incremental updates to the camera. And i had to keep coming back to Android because they offer a lot. Again for conversation sake who still does mono video recording in this year? Only Apple. Who doesn't have Manual controls on their camera? Only Apple.

Apple has good innovations and updates to their phones. I know coz i had iPhones in the past. But i will admit i did not have them long (perhaps 3 months is the longest and that's with the 6) again because of reasons i gave in previous replies.

I agree Of course no company would "hide" their weakness. That would be brave of them. But if compare your device to another then that creates an environment of healthy competition and gives the consumers a choice.

And yes Apple does offer support to their customers. What of the expensive 3-year Apple Care? And where is the chat service in their website? And i noticed Apple seem to really care about the environment with this & that free on devices. But not a single donation or support to charities? Could be wrong here.

I think you finally revealed your agenda here... Apple is bad because they are a greedy capitalist American company. If you don't like them, then you are welcome to not buy from them. That has been suggested to you numerous times in this thread.

The fact is that their products are successful is not because Apple has a slick marketing department that gives things fancy names. They are successful because they make high quality products that their customers want, and they provide great service. If anything, they are not as aggressive marketing as most of their competition (and you can't count what they say in a keynote once a year, because the only people hearing those are mostly fans of Apple already). The fact that you said it would be "brave of them" to advertise their weaknesses vs. the competition is completely ridiculous. Apple has compared their devices to others in their keynotes... I believe you pointed that out as a bad thing earlier in the thread.

You don't like the cost of AppleCare, then don't buy it. Now you want them to charge less for that.. charge less for memory... etc, etc.. You just don't like that Apple is successful selling their products at a premium highly profitable price. Well millions of their customers would seem to disagree with you.

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
Reactions: angel76ph

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
I seem to stand corrected. But it would appear that it's mainly American companies that doesn't extend to International charities. And is all the money also being put to use properly?
This is how you will decide what smartphone to buy? Clearly there is some agenda hear against Apple.

Reactions: HEK

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012
troll bait, android does most of these but not with the ease of iPhones. I have android now and I use tubemate and power amp and it's a bit more for the technical savy. you sound very technically savy so go and stay with android.

Reactions: angel76ph

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
I seem to stand corrected. But it would appear that it's mainly American companies that doesn't extend to International charities. And is all the money also being put to use properly?

Apple also has the "Product Red" (link). $100 million donated to a global fund run by someone else.

If you're going to spout negativity, at least do a Google search first. Please.

C

Reactions: HEK and angel76ph

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
Apple also has the "Product Red" (link). $100 million donated to a global fund run by someone else.

If you're going to spout negativity, at least do a Google search first. Please.

C

He didn't do a google search on the initial list of things he was complaining about on the iPhone... some of them it does... so why would he do that on donations Apple has made?

I think the true agenda here has been uncovered... Apple is just a greedy american capitalist company who makes too much money, so therefore they are bad.. especially for offering a 16GB version of their phone. People only buy stuff from them because they spend a lot of effort coming up with clever names from the marketing department. Their stuff is just overpriced crap that is far inferior to anything Android, and is missing important features (like making an MP3 a ringtone), while instead investing in silly things like social media, banking, and personal/work functions that no one cares about in a smartphone.

Advise from nearly everyone in this thread that has commented to the OP, is go buy an Android phone.

I think that pretty much summarizes the point here.

Reactions: HEK and angel76ph

angel76ph

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
London, United Kingdom
I'm neither a troll or an Android fanboy. I'm just a user who knows some things, not ALL things. I also resent you saying i hate Apple or have an agenda. I'm gonna say this again...I'm here for advice. But also at the same time telling you my experience with owning both iPhones and Android phones. And to challenge you guys of workarounds. But what i got instead is rude and arrogant answers. Some of them anyway.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I'm neither a troll or an Android fanboy. I'm just a user who knows some things, not ALL things. I also resent you saying i hate Apple or have an agenda. I'm gonna say this again...I'm here for advice. But also at the same time telling you my experience with owning both iPhones and Android phones. And to challenge you guys of workarounds. But what i got instead is rude and arrogant answers. Some of them anyway.
If you're looking for advice on phones why discuss philanthropy, makes it seem you have an "agenda".

Reactions: HEK and Qbnkelt

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
If you're looking for advice on phones why discuss philanthropy, makes it seem you have an "agenda".
You are so completely wrong here. There is no "seem" about it.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, it's a duck. I vote this thread has run it's course. I don't know about the rest of you but I have no interest in convincing this guy about anything. Close the thread. Nine pages of advice ignoreded

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
Apple does have a clear vision alright. But on where i am right now their success is giving their hardware fancy and catchy titles, being "ahead" of its competitors with expensive hardware, etc. Yes it has been proven countless times that with cheap labour they are selling (for example) a Macbook for £700 which in actuality has been put on almost half of its original price. It's sort of like a dress from a well-known high street shop such as Zara or Mango. A £70 dress is actually only £30 with materials made, labour, etc. Dunno if is see my point here. They try and inflate the prices thinking that people will think of them as "high' quality" or posh-looking.

I would maybe agree with you on my comment about incremental upgrade. Yes your user base might be a lot but you can never tell if they actually like the incremental upgrades or not. If you have a camera of 8MP for 3 years surely one would be bored by now and perhaps consider looking at the competition for better features, etc. Yes again there were incremental updates to the cameras through the years. I had a 4S, 5C, 5S & 6. It was incremental updates to the camera. And i had to keep coming back to Android because they offer a lot. Again for conversation sake who still does mono video recording in this year? Only Apple. Who doesn't have Manual controls on their camera? Only Apple.

Apple has good innovations and updates to their phones. I know coz i had iPhones in the past. But i will admit i did not have them long (perhaps 3 months is the longest and that's with the 6) again because of reasons i gave in previous replies.

I agree Of course no company would "hide" their weakness. That would be brave of them. But if compare your device to another then that creates an environment of healthy competition and gives the consumers a choice.

And yes Apple does offer support to their customers. What of the expensive 3-year Apple Care? And where is the chat service in their website? And i noticed Apple seem to really care about the environment with this & that free on devices. But not a single donation or support to charities? Could be wrong here.

OK. Get an Android.

Really.

kch50428

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
North Iowa
Crowd sourced affirmation is worth what you've paid for it...

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008

If you were simply looking for advice on which phone to buy, you would ...

- Not be talking about Apple's marketing department coming up with nifty names for things, vs. making good products
- Not be talking how Apple isn't fairly pointing out its weaknesses in its advertising
- Not be talking about Apple's profit margin being unfair
- Not be talking about Apple's policies for philanthropy
- Would be listening to everyone in the thread that has told you to by an Android phone since it will do what you said was most important to you

If you find that this is rude, sorry... but your posts don't match what you've posted here. Its impossible to have a reasonable discussion giving advice when the person asking isn't listening at all.

Reactions: HEK
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.