Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rukkus

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
Still my favorite case for the new iPad. Went a messed around with a ton of different ones today at micro center and still have no regrets. I think the berry looks great. /shrug different strokes...

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Apologies to anyone who bought the case based on my review and did not like it. I still honestly feel its one of the best ones out there right now in this style of case. Its a tough call trying to find a case that pleases everyone and now days trying to find one where a stand is built in with the inner lid surface not touching a tabletop is tough ( I know Marware makes one). I think in the end it's all about sacrificing something, just make sure it's not a major sacrifice and I think you will be satisfied.

After reviewing a number of cases I find myself rotating between the STM Grip, Skech Fabric Flipper and ZUM SC Ultimate / Smart Cover Combo. As you can see all three are different styles.

Still waiting for the perfect case.. Many have come close but not hit perfection IMO.

ElDogman

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008
now days trying to find one where a stand is built in with the inner lid surface not touching a tabletop is tough ( I know Marware makes one).

So far theres:
Marware CEO Hybrid
Moko Slim-fit Folio (also comes in faux carbon fiber like the Marware)
Stilgut Ultraslim
Skech Porter
Targus Vuscape

they all seem to be nearly the same case.. hard to tell the difference except for some minor details (like the Marware's clip being on the top side not center, and the vuscape's giant gaping hole in the back).

moptart

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2010
Apologies to anyone who bought the case based on my review and did not like it. I still honestly feel its one of the best ones out there right now in this style of case. Its a tough call trying to find a case that pleases everyone and now days trying to find one where a stand is built in with the inner lid surface not touching a tabletop is tough ( I know Marware makes one). I think in the end it's all about sacrificing something, just make sure it's not a major sacrifice and I think you will be satisfied.

After reviewing a number of cases I find myself rotating between the STM Grip, Skech Fabric Flipper and ZUM SC Ultimate / Smart Cover Combo. As you can see all three are different styles.

Still waiting for the perfect case.. Many have come close but not hit perfection IMO.

Where did you purchase the skech fabric flipper for the iPad 3rd generation? I can't find it on their website, nor amazon. Thanks!

geoelectric

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Apologies to anyone who bought the case based on my review and did not like it.

Guess I'm technically in that camp, but really, no apology necessary. All the reasons you like the case are accurate. There were some things not important to you that ended up being important to me. Your reviews are excellent. :)

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Apologies to anyone who bought the case based on my review and did not like it.

Please Rick you do not need to apologize to anyone! I own this case and absolutely love it. #1 reason I love it is because it is very lightweight. I also like the stand feature in that it is unlike the smart cover stand. I can actually use it in bed!

Different strokes for different folks...You can't please everyone!

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX

You don't need to apologize. Your reviews are excellent and give us an idea of what a case is like. Most of the time the pics the manufactures put up are insufficient to make a good determination. Whether someone ends up agreeing with you or not is not important. The important thing is that you are giving us better info to make up our minds.

I bought this case for my husband after seeing your review. He loves it. It's exactly what he wanted. But I doubt I would have bought it had I not seen your review. Cases are expensive and I for one want to thank you for helping us navigate the maze of choices without spending big $$$ ourselves.

But I do need to point out that I would be thanking you even if he didn't like the case. Please keep up the good work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.