Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
I recently reviewed the STM Jacket for the iPad, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who need a carrying bag with extra pockets. The price is amazing compared to say the Incase Sleeve.
If you want to read the review, click here.
If you have any questions please ask here :)

gekkota

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
+1.
I bought the STM Jacket on amazon. (It was available, but now it's advertised as "pre-order.")
I agree--it is the perfect case for me--it's thin, sleek, can easily fit in a carryon for flights, and it looks good. And it was only $25! :)

SnowDX

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
The Great White North
Thanks for the review! I've got one coming next week so nice to read positive things. Just a note that STM has changed the shoulder strap attachment from when you did your video. They have removed the D rings. They've changed it to loops made from the same material as the shoulder strap (I believe) so that when the shoulder strap is removed there aren't any metal pieces left on the bag. You can see the style change in this pic:

Jacket-iPad16_full.jpg

If anyone wants better pics of the new strap attachments, I can post pics when I get mine, just let me know.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Thanks :D currently using it right now on my trip to San Francisco and it's doing a great job!

Juego

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
+2 Just purchased one from the website it's on Back order until the July 12th but you can't beat the price needed something for when I'm traveling.
GJ

SnowDX

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
The Great White North
Got my STM Jacket today. It's really quite nice. The quality is great. It's plain, but not as plain as others. The material is woven with more than one colour which gives it a grey look from afar and black with white/silver speckles up close. The teal blue is a nice touch. I do wish it came in some girly colours like pink or purple stitching, but even though it's not girly at all, it's a heck of a lot better than most of the other bags I've seen which come in red, burgundy, olive green or black. :p

The iPad fits great, it's easy to put in. The included shoulder strap is nice and will be great for the days that I have extra stuff to take to work (like it's raining and I have to carry an umbrella!). I tried my brother's iPhone 4 in the front slip pocket and it worked nicely.

The new shoulder strap clips are spring loaded and they aren't super quick to clip on/off (have to squeeze and flip a metal piece), but they will be super secure. The hand strap on the top of the vertical end is super useful and what I will use daily to carry my iPad to and from work.

itoddm

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
North Carolina
great

I received this bag yesterday and love it . It slides easily into my Timbuk2 messenger bag, Has room to put the charger and a few other items,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.