STM Skinny

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by oli356, Mar 10, 2012.

1. oli356, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

macrumors 6502

Sep 6, 2010
  2. macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2010
    I pre-ordered the STM Skinny and the Lexington from Incipio. Looking for something that's not too bulky. I'll decide which one to keep once they arrive.
  3. macrumors newbie

Mar 6, 2011
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 6, 2010
    Same link as in the OP :p Skinny 3 = iPad 3, Skinny 2 = iPad 2 surely :D

I'm really struggiling to decide what to buy... Something like this with my screenprotector or a smart cover, use my screen protector and buy a back protector (possibly a Gellaskin) and then a sleeve
  5. macrumors 6502

Mar 18, 2008
    I had the Skinny case for the iPad2, and my two problems with it were- 1) The flap is annoying when using the iPad (reading, etc.), and 2) The front cover will not lay totally flat against the back. It looks like the hinge area is designed the same way on the new cases.
  6. macrumors 6502

AC Rempt

Feb 24, 2008
    And that's the deal breaker for me. I hate covers that dangle off the back of the iPad like that. Bleh!
  7. macrumors 6502

Dec 31, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    I like this case except I am on the fence about ordering it. I am not super crazy about the color of the microfiber inside. From the pictures it looks a little cheesy. Also, if I do order this case I can't decide between the mushroom color and the black. I am tired of black but don't want the mushroom color to appear green or purple. Ugh decisions....
  8. macrumors 6502

Jun 23, 2010
    I have the skinny for my iPad 2 and the front flap will fold flat against the back.
  9. macrumors regular

Jul 9, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    Ordered this case yesterday (Mushroom) and waiting for it eagerly, although it will not be here before launch time. I did also pre-order a Smartcover that I may be returning unopened to the Apple store later.
  10. macrumors 68030

May 21, 2010
    I've had the skinny for the ipad2 for over a year. It's a great case if you want something that keeps it very slim. However, it does not wear particularly well. I got mine from Radtech. I emailed them after about ten months and told them that it was fraying around the edges. They immediately sent me out a new case, no questions asked. First rate company.

That being said, I ordered the incipio Lexington for the ipad3. It's actually very similar in design to the skinny, except in (fake) leather. I always wished that STM would make a leather skinny. They made something called the Kicker which was rubbish. I couldn't return it fast enough.
  11. macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2008
    I was torn between this and the Lexington. I think I'm going with this in either blue or red. Hope they ship out soon because I'll be going naked until it does.
  12. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 6, 2010
    Same.. I have a feeling this is guaranteed to fit more. There have been previous versions and the customer service seems good. And its a Australian company and I like aussies ;) I like the blue personally, hopefuly the material is nice.

While the Lexington with fast postage from America works out £10 cheaper it still will take a while to arrive. This is meant to be in the UK by mid-next week and ready to ship once they have tested it fits OK. Seems a bit weird how they have produced it, sending shipments to the UK already though.

The Skinny from radtech works out £15 cheaper then it would if I bought from England, but the ETA for Radtech to have them is a while and then shipping.. Think the £15 is worth it just so it's here, and if I have problems I can return easily etc.. And if I like the case £15 is nothing for how long I will have the iPad.
  13. macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2012
    just got my hands on the skinny 3. this one folds all the way back, and the cover sits flat with their new case design. wanted pink but its not out yet so grabbed black and will go back in 2 weeks when the pink is out. :) :)
  14. macrumors 6502a

Sep 10, 2009
    how did you get one when there not even out yet?
  15. macrumors regular

Mar 18, 2011
    STM Grip

I also see that STM has another case called the Grip. Anyone getting this one?
  16. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 6, 2010
    Doesn't look that nice imo.

I've heard a few people mention the Skinnys and the magnets, I emailed them about this considering I have mine on preorder in the UK (£33) including shipping.

17. macrumors member

Jun 3, 2011
    Do you mind me asking where you ordered it? I have been looking for somewhere in the UK to order from, and Solutions Inc seem to be suggesting they will have the first batch, but it's £39 before shipping.

EDIT: Your above post hints at Radtech. Apologies, I should have seen that.
  18. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 6, 2010
    Radtech is still cheaper but I don't want to wait. I bought it from there, the website is horrible! I just searched for it and no results, had to look through my browser history... If STM themselves didn't recommend them I wouldn't purchase from there :p

The ETA for shipment is next Friday.
  19. LJ50, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012

macrumors member

Jun 3, 2011

Ordering the black.....or blue...hmmmmmm....need to decide! Went for black.

Thanks again.
  20. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 6, 2010
    I want something quite bright, the black looks nice though. Hopefuly its a nice case :D be sure to get some pictures when you get it :D
  21. macrumors newbie

Jul 20, 2011
  22. macrumors regular

Feb 12, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Why did you buy the Skinny and not the JF case?
  23. macrumors newbie

Jul 20, 2011
    To be honest, I didn't want to spend 65 dollars on a case without reading some reviews first. I had read good things about the STM case for the iPad 2, and it seems like the new case has added more protection to the bottom. Plus, there's a 60-day return policy with ebags.
  24. macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2008
    I ordered last week but I have no idea when to expect it. Does anyone have an ETA on these?
  25. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 6, 2010
    Depends, where did you order from?

In the UK it should be the end of next week.