Stock footage

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mrkramer, Oct 28, 2006.

1. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I need to get some video clips of nature scenes for a project that I am working on. So I was wanting to know if there was anywhere that I could buy some cilps to download.

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

The BBC has their entire collection available online. Go to Apples quicktime page there is a link on there somewhere.

EDIT: Here 'tis

http://www.bbcmotiongallery.com/Customer/index.aspx

3. sarge macrumors 6502a

sarge

All the majors license

You can buy stock footage from virtually any of the Networks. ABCVideosource, BBC Motiongallery (BBC/CBS/CNN), ITNSource.com (Reuters,Fox - I think Survival is their nature collection) - Nat Geo is rep'd by Thoughtequity.com
    You should be able to find what you want through those guys.

4. mrkramer thread starter macrumors 603

mrkramer

5. Carl Spackler macrumors 6502

Carl Spackler

Depending on what type of footage you need, try The Prelinger Files. Free to use as you please, but it's all old stuff and not of the highest resolution. If nothing else, it's good for a laugh.

6. sarge macrumors 6502a

sarge

According to the link you provided for the LOC Prelinger site, it say's 'Getty Images represents the collection for stock footage sale', so it may be free for private use but you would have no distribution rights

7. Carl Spackler macrumors 6502

Carl Spackler

A little confusing, I think. A little more research says you can reuse downloaded material as you wish, but it sounds like you you need higher quailty footage on different media, Getty charges a fee.

From the "Rights" section on the left side of the page:

"Rick Prelinger and The Internet Archive hereby offer these public domain films from Prelinger Archives to all for free downloading and reuse.

You are warmly encouraged to download, use and reproduce these films in whole or in part, in any medium or market throughout the world. You are also warmly encouraged to share, exchange, redistribute, transfer and copy these films, and especially encouraged to do so for free.

Any derivative works that you produce using these films are yours to perform, publish, reproduce, sell, or distribute in any way you wish without any limitations.

Descriptions, synopses, shotlists and other metadata provided by Prelinger Archives to this site are copyrighted jointly by Prelinger Archives and Getty Images. They may be quoted, excerpted or reproduced for educational, scholarly, nonprofit or archival purposes, but may not be reproduced for commercial purposes of any kind without permission.

If you require a written license agreement or need access to a physical element (such as videotape), please contact Getty Images. The Internet Archive does not furnish written license agreements.

Further information on works from Prelinger Archives can be found here. Questions should be directed to Rick Prelinger at Prelinger Archives, PO Box 590622, San Francisco, CA 94159-0622 USA. "

8. sarge macrumors 6502a

sarge

Liability

The claim is that all of this material that RP collected is now in the public domain, which may or may not be true. I guess if you go through Getty, they take legal liability for that when they issue a license.

9. Yarosik macrumors newbie

Hello!

I have many footages about 20 DVDs if you interested necessary footages
    please write a letter to PM.

10. Yarosik macrumors newbie

ПриветЪ!

is my Stock-list

if you need to change DVD's please list me.

11. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

www.istockphoto.com has a large library of still images, as well as a smaller library of video clips. They are very reasonably priced, compared with many other vendors.

- Martin

12. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

You can also buy at a discounted price for different resolutions (from web sized to 1080 HD)