stolen I Phone 4 emails

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by woodhead, Feb 3, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I have recently had my I phone 4 stolen. I did not have a lock on it and find my i phone was not activated. I have it synced with my web mail and unfortunatly I can not change my pass word untill regular business hours. I have some emails that I dont want stranges to read or forward. I went to my webmail server and deleted the emails so I am wondering if the thief trys to acess my emails if it will sync and delete the emails? I am hoping that I can work around those emials like that untill i can go in and change my password. any help or advice would be much appriciated as I have kissed my device good by my concern now is protecting those emials. please help.

Thanks.

2. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

log into the app called find my iphone, if you have it set up. you can track the phone and password lock it remotely.

3. macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Why would they go in your email?

4. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

He said in the OP he didn't have it set up

5. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

oops missed that

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

miss.manson I dont know why they would go in there I mean why would some one steal a phone they are obviously not trust worthy so maby they are looking to steal an identy and get a bunch of free of stuff racking up a bunch of credit card bills.

dictoresno I did not have find my i phone set up.

7. macrumors 68020

macingman

There's really not much you can do. It depends on what type of email standard you were using (POP, IMAP etc.) as to whether it will be deleted.

8. macrumors member

LJSurfa

Unfortunately the likelihood is that the phone has been stolen with the intention of selling it on. They are likely to wipe the phone and try and get rid of it as soon as they can. Without FMI installed it is very hard to find a phone and I hate to say it but it is unlikely you will see it again. Change all your email passwords, speak with operator to get phone cut off or even email apple (ha) and see if they can fry the phone remotely using the IMEI and serial number. Hope this is of some sort of help.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

macingman do you happen to know what kind of email standard will sync so when they are deleted off the server they will sync and delete off the phone?

10. macrumors newbie

Right,agree,It depends on what type of email standard you were using as to whether it will be deleted. [​IMG]

11. macrumors 6502

IMAP/Exchange/iCloud

POP will not synchronise in that way

12. macrumors 68020

How did someone steal your phone? Only way someone is stealing my phone is if it's 1) one of my family members 2) a stranger physically takes it off my person (better be armed because I am and they may get a bit of a surprise instead of my iPhone).

Basically you're screwed until you can change your email PW.