Stolen iPod, help a brother out!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by RBilRamZ, May 28, 2005.

1. RBilRamZ macrumors member

OK, my 20 gig 3G iPod was stolen from my house during a party last week. It sucks. Nothing I can do about it now, but I can't decided whether I should buy a new 30gig iPod Photo, or wait for the next generation. I have a shuffle that I can get by on for a while.
    With all the videos being availabgle on iTunes now, its seems imminent that a video iPod will come out soon. I wouldnt mind waiting a few months for one. Any advice on what to do, or any ideas on when an update may be made.
    Thanks for the help and input!

2. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Well if you have a shuffle and don't mind waiting then I would wait. My guess is that they will be updated in the next 2 months possibly at WWDC. Another plus about waiting is that with every update iPods have gotten cheaper and cheaper.

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

the shuffle should hold u over ,but if u do get an photo remember even after the next update the photo is still a great ipod and the photo line has just gotten updated

4. Panoctopi macrumors member

just a thought... if you have home owners insurance it might be covered, it's worth looking into... a few years ago my car got broken into and my walkman got stolen and it was covered, so...

5. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I would wait to see what new iPods come out next month.

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(
    If my iPod mini rev B was stolen I do not know what I would do. :confused:
    My advice is to wait- the next generation iPod might be coming out soon.