Stolen shuffle...worried about account info.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by McGarvels, Feb 11, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

McGarvels

Hi All,

So this might be a lame/paranoid question, but my iPod shuffle was just recently stolen and I was wondering since I had registered it with Apple already, is there any way the thief can find out any of my personal information (ie. from my iTunes account). Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

2. macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I don't think that any personal iTunes account info is stored on any iPods. Everything is kept locally on your computer as far as that goes. Sorry your Shuffle got stolen, but you don't need to worry about this part of it.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

McGarvels

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. yeah it sucks on having the shuffle stolen, but at least it wasn't my 5G iPod.

Cheers

4. macrumors member

Shame

Sorry about that mate! i hope the ones who stole you ipod shuffle die of misery and that you ipod personally finish them off....shame of people like that who steals ipods and other things...they should all be killed and burned!!!

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

McGarvels

Thanks man. It does suck, but hey I figure that Karma is a b**ch and the thief will get what's coming to him/her.

6. macrumors G3

If they plug the shuffle into a computer and try to play a purchased track through iTunes, it'll display your email address and ask for you to authorize the computer.

7. macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

that sucks that it got stolen, I wish we could trust people in todays world but it seems we cant at times. :(