Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
San Francisco
I live in San Francisco and work in Mountain View. Tomorrow morning, on the way to work, I will stop by one of these three Apple stores to get an iPad.
Can anyone who knows the area tell me which one is the easiest and fastest choice?

I feel like the store in Stanford Shopping Center is the most convenient one since I can just get to work without needing to drive for another 30-40 minutes. On the other hand, I can be at Stonestown Galleria 30 minutes earlier and probably there will be less people over there anyway.

Btw, I am planning to be at Stanford at around 6:45 am (or at Stonestown around 6:15 am) and my hours are flexible so that being at work after 10 am is not a big problem.

So, which store shall I choose? Do all of them generally get enough number of items for the launch days? Do any of them get exceptionally crazy busy during launch days? Any comment will be very helpful.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
stanford shopping center

I hit the stanford shopping center in palo alto, ca this a.m. Got there about 06:10 and was about 35th in the "no reservation" line. got a card no problem and the apple employees at about 07:50 still had I would say at least 75% of the cards in their special little box. Not a sell out at all, I was in and out in five minutes at 08:10 I was done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.