Stop Action Frame Rate

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cgkrick, Oct 22, 2005.

1. cgkrick macrumors newbie

What are the capabilities of Imovie for making a stop action video? What is the best way to import stills from your camera? I can take a clip in imovie with my dv camera, but is it possible to take a still image? How do I set the frame duration for a still image, and what is the lowest possible?

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I've never used iMovie much so I don't know how good it would work for something like this. At 30 photos per second that's a lot of still photos to manage. You could experiment w/using 1 photo every 2 seconds. That would cut your total amount of photos in half, but the motion may not be as smooth as you'd like.

Lethal

3. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

I am taking a stop animation class and we had created a loop in a zoatroph using 12 frames and it looked pretty good. Just remember you determine ur framerate as to how fast you want an action to occur.

4. cgkrick thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I just needed to know that we could get 12 frames/sec. Is it just a matter of setting the frame rate to 12?

5. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

You could do that. It shouldnt really matter you can do 12 frames but the whole thing like i said if you have a character reaching for water and draw the movement of his arm to get the glass 24 frames in a 24 framerater sequence then it will take 1 full second for his arm to get the class of water. Does that make sense?

6. cgkrick thread starter macrumors newbie