Stop It.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Goftrey, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I have noticed 3 people have recently downvoted all of my recent posts.

I don't know who you are or why you're doing it but can I ask you to please just stop it. I don't want other members getting bad impressions from me as as far as I can tell I haven't done anything wrong.

The downvotes have only been in this suborum so given its a pretty small community it's obviously personal.

Please just stop it or at least own up to your cowardly behaviour.

2. macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Dont worry about the loser down voters:) I've had that happen to me also and after a while I didn't care.

3. Ariii, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012

macrumors 6502a

Ariii

I upvoted your status. :D

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized how stupid and obnoxious that was.

4. macrumors newbie

Maybe people are sick of children with no experience that constantly try to act like they know something.

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Granted, I don't have years & years of experience like a number of people on here do, but if I don't have advice or an answer for the given question I won't answer it.

Why would I post absolute nonsense? There is no need. I, hands down, will only reply to a thread if I have knowledge of it.

For example. I had 3 downvotes on a thread regarding TiBook prices. I scoured the internet for hours before buying my TiBook so I honestly don't know how or why someone would downvote me that.

6. macrumors 68000

Nameci

Don't mind the down votes. Go on with your life. It doesn't make you less human.

7. macrumors newbie

It would be wiser to not make a thread about this because it makes you seem desperate. Maybe rather than make this thread and point the finger at other people you should observe your own posting habits. You must be doing something wrong to get 3 people obsessively down voting you.

8. thread starter macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I'm not desperate, please, it's an online forum.

But what's up with my posting habits? If I am doing something wrong I'd like to put it right or at least know what I'm doing wrong.

9. Guest

You go girl.

5 Star Thread.

10. macrumors G3

eyoungren

Don't know if I agree with that. I could see your point if nobody else was up voting him. But there are, which suggests that the "3" could possibly be wrong in their opinion/actions. Not that they would see it that way though.

Personally, I'd rather have him excited over Macs and willing to participate and help where he can versus other alternatives that he could be engaging in.

Guidance is always better than a hammer.

11. macrumors newbie

I have not been around long enough to know enough about your posting habits but I have seen a couple of your videos to see how young you are. Combine that with the fact that I see you throw your say into almost every single thread with either wrong or very general info that anyone can learn in a few seconds on google.

It's also a bit bold and overbearing to tell people to stop voting you down. Any one of us has the right to vote any post up or down. You never vote posts down?

12. thread starter macrumors 68000

Goftrey

So is it a bad thing to be a teenager? I'm sorry but I don't quite understand your point here.

Care to give a few examples?

I'm not telling anyone to stop downvoting me, I'm just asking for an answer as to why they are doing it. And I do vote down, for posts that contribute to the thread in no way whatsoever.

13. Guest

Come again? :confused:

14. macrumors 65816

its rather funny seeing every post being down voted in this site, im guessing if someone doesnt agree they will automatically down vote it i wouldnt be to angered by it

15. macrumors regular

the down votes are nothing personal, you just make crappy and pointless posts.........kinda like this topic..........a mod should delete this as it has absolutely no relevence to powerpc's

16. macrumors 6502a

Macman756

17. macrumors 6502a

Medic278

OP its an online forum, don't get so riled over it. To be honest your showing your own immaturity by creating an entire thread dedicated to you getting down voted. Just ignore it, it happens, sometimes people are not going to agree with you its called life. I don't see why you felt the need to let everyone know that your being down voted. To be honest I don't even look at votes and I would venture a guess that a lot of other people don't notice it either, all your doing is calling attention to yourself. In conclusion, please grow up, be mature about it and move on, its an online forum not life or death.

18. macrumors G5

Macman45

OP:

You make valid points, but drawing attention to this simply encourages the down voters.

I have been down voted for fixing things, helping out etc. The only course of action that makes any sense is to simply ignore it. You will drive yourself crazy, and probably away from these boards if you pay too much attention to a meaningless gesture like this.

19. macrumors Core

miles01110

You've noticed that the second someone starts whining about something as inconsequential as negative votes, you get negative votes.

Besides, people are going to think you're a joke because of what you post... not how many downvotes you have.

20. macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

21. macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

22. macrumors G3

Apple fanboy

Who cares about votes. I always read a post and judge what it has to say on it's own merit. Don't worry about what people say about you or your posts. There are more important things to worry about!

23. macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

With this thread, things will only get worse.

24. macrumors G5

Macman45

25. macrumors 6502a

Medic278

You speak the truth, although one has to think that he would have realized this and just wanted the attention in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.