Stopping the "not enough free space" iTunes sync messages?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by King Mustard, May 27, 2011.

1. macrumors member

King Mustard

I had an issue with the music library not displaying in iTunes so I deleted iTunes Music Library.xml and the Album Artwork folder from C:\Users\Elliot\Music\iTunes

However, when I try to sync my phone, I still get the following two messages:

Any ideas how I can stop these messages?

2. Guest

your phone doesn't have enough room to hold all of your media.

Select manage music and videos manually in itunes. This way, you control which files you want on your phone, instead of iTunes trying to cram all of your media to your phone.

your phone can hold max 32gb. so if your library is 300 gb, it ain't gonna fit.

3. thread starter macrumors member

King Mustard

As I said in the first line, I had an issue with the music library not displaying in iTunes after I added my music. No songs were showing up (even though it was determining gapless playback for all the tracks etc.).

So I deleted iTunes Music Library.xml and the Album Artwork folder from C:\Users\Elliot\Music\iTunes but iTunes is still moaning when I try to sync my iPhone :(

4. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

You're not trying to sync 300GB worth of data to your iphone right?

5. thread starter macrumors member

King Mustard

My original plan was to add my 300 GB music collection into iTunes and use the tick boxes to only sync select music to my iPhone.

So I added the 300 GB folder into iTunes but nothing ever appeared in iTunes (even though iTunes appeared to be fine with it and continued to determine gapless playback for them all).

So I manually deleted iTunes Music Library.xml as I couldn't select all the songs in iTunes to delete them (as nothing was showing up).

However now, when I try to sync, I am getting issues with it trying to sync all the music.

I have tried to add a single MP3 to iTunes to 'reset' it all but it's not helped. Also, that single MP3 didn't even show up in iTunes.