Store going down for a day at 4:30pm (UK)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by deepy, Sep 12, 2006.

1. deepy macrumors regular

I just spoke to Apple peoples on the phone n they told me that the online store is going down at 4:30pm (GMT). Also is going to be down until tomorrow.

I want the macbook updated and i want it now!

Also, this is for online and phone purchases. I take it they're updating everything then.

2. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

Well that's wierd, I've had the "It's Showtime" screen for over an hour... and its 15:00...

Cheers

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I find it hard to believe that they'd need over 12 hours to update the store...

I can see it going down around 5.30 just before the event and coming back at 7 or so...

4. prady16 macrumors 6502

prady16

5. deepy thread starter macrumors regular

Yeh i found it weird he said the store was going to be down til tomorrow. Sounded a bit like he wanted to take my order there and then over the phone for my new macbook. I told him i'd order once the online store was back up and running.

6. Seventy5 macrumors newbie

It's down

The store is down and it says it'll be back within the hour.

Who am I kidding? You'll all have been there already!

7. deepy thread starter macrumors regular

By the way, when they say "we'll be back within the hour" do they mean it usually?

8. reflex macrumors 6502a

Yes.

9. mcmadhatter macrumors 6502

mcmadhatter

well i mak eone hour form now 17:33, which is 27 minutes before the announcement so either it'll take longer than an hour, or they'll update now, and update the links after the announcment (allowing us to try and hunt for new pages)

10. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Nope... not for the first store that goes down. For big upgrades, it's often closer to 90 minutes and over 'Events', it's longer.

If they really are taking it down this far before an event, I'm wondering whether there's some major shuffling of categories etc to change/check too? Don't they have a staging server to do this stuff and then just push it up?