Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Have a look on eBay. Whilst this is a new item for Apple to sell individually, they've historically come with any portable machine bought in the UK.

I saw some on Amazon but I am always a little worried about safety when it comes to charging cables, plug sockets and the like. These things can be a fire hazard. They weren't much cheaper either.

Yes they do have them in stock but not on display. 2 metre length.

Excellent, thanks. I will check whether my local store has them and head over.

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
For those still looking for MacBook Bath store has no stock today but expecting some next week. They had a few yesterday but sold out quickly.

----------

OMG.

Currys are awful. Just been in to get my refund in the canceled order guaranteed at the store for last night and the MacBook is not there yet. So not only have they missed their delivery slot they couldn't refund me.

Called customer services and they said they would refund. We will see. Expect to be having another discussion in a few days :(

At least my John Lewis experience was as flawless as always

Currys - I had similar experience and will not shop there again. My MacBook had arrived and I had not collected but they said they would have to check it when returned to HQ and when I queried why as I had not physically even touched it or even been to collect and anything could happen to it on its return to warehouse were they saying I would be liable for that. She said no you would not - I asked why do you need to check it then? It was still within their system. So I would need to wait 10 days before they got it back. I said that was not acceptable and they then gave me an immediate refund.

j0nd0e

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2010
Long time lurker here, and very rarely post.

Bought the base model silver from John Lewis on Friday - when I was on the phone to the guy from customer services, he said they had 400 in stock, another 400 delivered at the beginning of next week and a further 400 delivered next Friday.

Not sure how it is that we get into a situation where these sorts of deliveries go through to third party resellers, while Apple stores are getting single digit deliveries.

Banquo's Ghost

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Devon, UK
There is stock available in the Apple Store, Exeter. They have sold out of gold, but have both models in Space Grey and Silver.

I am now the proud owner of a SG 1.2 MacBook. So far, it is gorgeous and I am particularly happy with the keyboard after a couple of hours testing.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Not sure how it is that we get into a situation where these sorts of deliveries go through to third party resellers, while Apple stores are getting single digit deliveries.

It really is a very bizarre situation.

It seems to be a similar situation in other countries too which might suggest tha it is a deliberate strategy.

It wouldn't bother me if online orders could be fulfilled within a day or two (which should be the situation once the initial rush is over). However, waiting a month or so is not great fun.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Some more pics just because I'm so in love with the thing!
And to give some love to the silver!

B7C9CE35-191F-4E7C-B8E5-370730C3A036_zpsfbb3nlnu.jpg

8FC379B4-69D6-4747-851A-1414DE51A15A_zpsgcxci8ul.jpg

69D89CD5-7776-4140-B752-6D1EE8C6F75B_zpsvssgnmt9.jpg

01622189-F3DA-4155-9DEE-F02B4742C5FD_zpsg1s7ewce.jpg

:D

spittingllama

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2015
Picked my Space Grey 1.2 up from Currys yesterday after ordering late wednesday night. Absolutely love it. The keyboard is nice and the device itself is stunning.

Well worth buying.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Since I sold my MBA weeks before the rMB arrived I had almost forgot what they were like.

Just saw a friend's MBA and it's amazing how crap a new generation makes the old one look. The fuzzy screen! The huge bezel! The weight! :eek:

This machine is pretty awesome.

DennisD7

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
London, UK
I walked in to John Lewis (on Oxford Street, London) this afternoon and bought one on the spot. I cancelled the Apple order, and everything's great :)

wardbjuk

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2015
Does anyone know of stores with the Digital USB-C adaptor? I canceled mine last night to try and speed the MacBook delivery up.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Does anyone know of stores with the Digital USB-C adaptor? I canceled mine last night to try and speed the MacBook delivery up.

No, but I have the one that Google sells which seems to be of good quality, is available now and will be sent to you for £8.99 including postage (don't know why the price shown is £10.99). Delivery takes 2 or 3 days.

https://store.google.com/product/usb_type_c_to_usb_standard_a_adapter

images.png

EDIT: Just realised that you said "Digital" adapter. Sorry!

wardbjuk

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2015

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007

bought one at the Apple Store. They are not on display but they have them in the stockroom, including HDMI adaptor which I picked up last week.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.