Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by jefhatfield, Apr 9, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    has anyone heard of any new apple stores in the last two months or so?
  2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    haven't heard a thing of any new Apple Stores... :(
  3. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    I wish they'd build one in London.......:(

We need one....... ;)

The next one should be in London....... you have loads in the States already.....:D

Granted the US is much larger than lil ol' England though.......:p
  4. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

SoHo New York

They are building an Apple Store in SoHo New York, it is located in what used to be Restoration Hardware. It will be at least 2 stories tall. From what I can tell it will open in the summer to early fall.(Maybe when MWNY takes place)
    I have some relatives that live a block form it and I will keep u posted. I will try and get some pictures sooner or later.
  5. iMax macrumors member

Feb 20, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    hey, if you guys take a little time and poke around on Apple's job website there are a bunch of openings for retail and sales in a lot of new locations... I remember one included the New York Store. I forgot the others, but it's there to check out.
  6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Does any one know how many they're planning on putting out there?

I'm a little spoiled, there are two in my area, Tyson's Corner - one of the 1st two and one in Clarendon, 5 miles from DC proper. I've only been to the Clarendon one and I have to say its great, been to the genius bar and played 'stump the guy in the Apple shirt'
  7. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    Where I live, there should be two Apple stores: one in Woodcliff Like and one in Nanuet, or Paramus, one of those places in NY.

In 2003 I will be moving to a really small town, and I don't think Apple will put up a store where only 240 people live! So I have to travel to NH.

Apple should put one on the very east edge of NH.

In the time it takes to read this message, an Apple computer will already have performed 15 billion float-point operations more than a consumer PC.
  8. teabgs macrumors 68030

Jan 18, 2002
    behind you
    Re: SoHo New York

Is it on Mercer and Spring street? ON a corner with a red (whatever those things that hang on the front of stores ....oning, or awning...I dont know how its sdpelled?)

If it is...I think it is...theres a lotta work to get done...
  9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

10. spuncan macrumors 6502

Jul 18, 2001
    Read the Retail Job opportunities

The best way to find out about new stores is to read the retail job opprtunitis thing on the site. Oh yeah and w00t they're building one in Novi, Michigan only a half an hour away for me. Hope the other Michigander on this site see's this. w00t
  11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    Yeah, we are bigger :D... But I haven't seen any announcements about more stores being opened. I just checked Apple's web site, and there are not even any coming soon stores. They might be done for this year, or at least until after MWNY. Either that, or they don't have any additional openings planned for the next two months. Wasn't that the pre-opening/coming soon announcements they were making??

I would hope that Apple would open a location in at least every state, and then in the worthy countries :D.
  12. apple83 macrumors newbie

Apr 10, 2002
  13. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
  14. apple83 macrumors newbie

Apr 10, 2002
    Geee, Daaaa, I don't now....I would think that 2.45 stores a month is pretty good, and some of them in 2002. And hey, they also opened 2 more then originally quoted. Not bad all around. Lets hope there's one on every corner by 2003.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Well, I think they should try international next. Most likely it will be in Canada, but London, Paris or Tokyo could work.
  16. ear2ear macrumors member

Feb 23, 2002
    For real, Canada should be the next spot. I'd love to see a big apple sign in the middle of rejuvenated Yonge & Dundas in Toronto. Only issue is that we're only 1.5 hours away from one in Buffalo, but then you gotta factor in duty if you're buying something more than $750...

Also, the number I remember reading was 100+ in terms of total stores by the end of this year. Seems like a stretch given the number we're at thus far but you never know.

They should be focusing more on worldwide metropolis areas as the main purpose of the store is to advertise the brand, and city centre's will see way more people walking through than suburban US malls.

17. jaykk macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2002
    Appleturns informs us about 4 more

Appleturns speculates 4 more new stores based on job postings in

1) Novi, Michigan
    2) Towson, Maryland
    3) Westchester, New York.
    4) Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

So New York is having 7 in total.. If weschester one is coming up, i have 3 stores nearby - One in Palasaides Mall, NY, Tice's Corner in NJ and the new one, i guess, it will be in Westchester Mall..
    Thank you, apple
  18. AtlantaGuy macrumors member

Jan 13, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
  19. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    a little trip to my local store

So I had an opportunity to go the Clarendon, Va store today. I somehow lost my power adapter to my TiPB, probably dropped out of my bag, and they were only 15 min. down the road.

As I'm in the store ready to check out I had to ask a few questions. After all the big to-do about the 23" monitor at MWTokyo, I was really looking forward to seeing one first hand. I come to find out that the store still hasn't received a single one. The clerk said they would be in eventually, no date though. Has any one seen the thing yet?

Then I asked about the G5. He then told me that he was not allowed to even discuss any speculation with customers, that he would get in trouble.

Interesting, considering the other thread about the Apple Reseller that said G5s were coming out at MWNY.
  20. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    Re: Appleturns informs us about 4 more

I'd just like to take this opportunity to piss and moan once again, in case any of you forgot, that Apple still hasn't given Des Moines one.
    No kidding :(
  21. Geert macrumors 6502a

May 28, 2001
    My wish is that they open an Apple Store here in Belgium.
    Near to the place where I live.
    And I'dd be working there!:p

(close to work, making your job out of your hobby, what could be better?)

Hé Steve, don't forget us Europeans we also crave for Mac's, you know?
    I'dd be selling them like hot cakes (I can be VERY convincing), they would burn they're fingers! (dvd :D )
  22. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Bravo! I totally agree, little old London is crying out for an Apple Store. :D
  23. freedom macrumors member

Aug 14, 2001
    Royal Midsommarkransen, Stockholm, Sweden
    Time to move overseas…

I wish Applestores would open up
    across the european capitals soon…
    You´ve got plenty in the states.
    London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Rome
    and of course in scandinavia… :)
    Stockholm (first!) then Copenhagen and Oslo.
    There is a big "mac-community" over
    here and stores would booost Apple´s
    sales quite a lot!
    And I reckon that many PC-owners
    would get converted into mac-fanatics
    as soon as they lay hands on the new iMac!
    Don´t you think?
    Could Steve please come across
    the Atlantic to keynote macexpos
    in Paris or London (?!) and announce
    paneuropean Applestores.
    We´ve been waiting for too long!
  24. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    I would hope that Apple gets stores in every state here in the US before going overseas. Granted there are a few contries that would seriously benefit from the Apple retail store experience. I would imagine that Apple is looking into it, but you know how picky they are about where they put stores, and how they look. Just about all the stores have the same layout (as close as is possible). In my experience, the only other retail stores that can do that are the major ones (Sears for one).

Maybe Apple will start their overseas store deployment in 2003, or 2004. I think most would agree that we would prefer they put their energies into the G5 project then opening a few locations overseas. Faster TiBooks would be great as well. Maybe when the G5's come out, the TiBooks will get severe speed boosts (up to the GHz mark?) and then bring the iBooks over to the G4 as well. Put them between 500MHz and 600MHz to start and increase them as the TiBooks go up.

Just my 10¢ worth :D
  25. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Re: a little trip to my local store

Yeah I went to the one here in SD last week, and they said they would be shipping sometime this I'll probably go in again in a week or so, just to drool on it...:p