Storm.dll problem in Starcraft

Discussion in 'Games' started by eXan, Sep 11, 2005.

1. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Hello, I've just installed a copy of Starcraft Broodwar on the PC in my sig (yes Windows version). It runs perfectly, but I wish to be able to play it on LAN between eMac and this PC, but the PC version misses UDP LAN setting. I've downloaded a patch (1.10 (1.04 was installed)), but it doesnt want to install! It says that something is wrong with Storm.dll file inside the SC directory. I tried to replace it with Storm.dll from the Mac version but even the game stopped launching, so I put things back in place.

My question is, can somebody send me their copy of Storm.dll for Windows version of StarCraft?

I really really really want to play this great game on LAN with my friends!

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

How the heck would you get a DLL file from the Mac version? DLL is Windows-only.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I was thinking the same thing. :confused:

4. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

This file was in the Starcraft Files folder...

So any help?

5. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Yeah, Starcraft is weird like that since it is an older mac/pc compatible game certain files come along wether they are needed or not. I only have it on mac though, so I think you would have the same problem with the DLL. May I suggest reinstalling SC on your computer and then running the update again?

6. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I have both Starcraft and broodwar. They didn't install anny .dll file on the mac. They did install a "Storm" file and a "Storm (Carbon)" file (after the update). But no storm.dll here!

7. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Yes thats right. But I thought that OS X just didnt add .dll to the end of the filename :rolleyes: :D

I doubt it would help, as I tried to update rightafter installing it.

I dont know what to do. This is a pirated copy of SC (sorry, but there is no way to get some legal games here). Maybe I should buy another one and see if it was already updated?

8. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Well then I guess your only solution would be to get a better *ahem* copy of SC ;)