Story behind Tiger leak

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by barnett25, Jan 8, 2005.

1. barnett25 macrumors member

Jan 7, 2004
    I found this on slashdot and it really changed my perspective about the Tiger leak situation.
    As a fellow college student I feel sorry for him. What's scary is that after reading the article, I can almost imagine the same thing happening to me. It's amazing how little thought and effort it takes to commit a crime now days.
  2. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2003
    Wow. All I can say is WOW. Thats a damn shame. Hope they are leniant
  3. quagmire macrumors 603

Apr 19, 2004
    This one person p*ssed me off I had to respond after I said could we keep the discussion civil. I feel so ashamed now. BTW I am undertaker there.
  4. Daveway macrumors 68040

Jul 10, 2004
    New Orleans / Lafayette, La
    This is a sad situation. You shouldn't have to go through this, our justice system needs adjusting.
  5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Ouch, I hope they don't become the example for being the uploaders in the criminal court. :(

Don't really want that to happen to anybody but the hardcore leaks, but it's bound to turn the corner and happen to quite a few people quite soon.

It's something you can see coming though, and it won't just be Apple asking for the state and federal AGs to review the cases.
  6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    totally cool
    Wow, that really hurts to be that guy.
    I never actually clicked the link or read the article,
    but by scimming everyones responses i gather
    it was pretty tuff for the college student.
    Truly, a damn shame.
  7. haiggy macrumors 65816

Aug 20, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Wow, I have always seen Apple as a nice company and I can't picture them ruining 3 kid's lives. What they did was a mistake, and they have learned from it. I can understand if they do it again, sue them for all they can get. I know what they did was wrong, but at the same time they are scared and can't afford to be sued like this. Can't imagine if I was in a position like that. I would pray every day that Apple was just doing it to show how serious it is or just to make me scared. It would work.