Strageties for getting a replaced or fixed MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by herbcheck, Jan 24, 2007.

1. herbcheck macrumors member

So my MBP is the first one out. The day it came out I ordered it. It has been “Fixed” 4 times. Still, I have a screen that is discolored and the heat has always been a issue. I have a 1.83 which they don’t even make anymore now it is a 2.16. How can I get the problems I am having with my drive fixed. They replace a bunch of things but never actually fix the problem. I have apple care and want these things fixed. It is my only computer at school and they take forever. Is there any way to get a replacement? Also, the painted part is also all gone , even though I know they do not replace that since it is a comestic thing. Any help? Thanks

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Well, I would not ask for a replacement, if I were you. Just be persistent. Keep calling, and telling them you want it fixed, that you need your laptop, that it's unacceptable. I went through seven (!) repairs on my Powerbook before Apple finally gave up and shipped me a new computer (in all fairness, this was a two-year old computer, out of warranty). But the point is, I kept calling, kept pushing them to fix it, and they finally got it right.

3. JAT macrumors 603

Is there a Store near you? It can be much easier to stand there and say you are done with half-assed repairs than doing it over the phone. Politely, of course, gets you further.