Straight Talk iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbluhp, Feb 11, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

the st iphone 5 does it come with data caps or slow you down like the byod program dose and what network is it under? from walmart

2. macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

It's Verizon's 3G EVDO network. I haven't read of anyone getting throttled like the BYOD plan, but it's only been a month so it's not known for sure.

3. macrumors newbie

I have been using st for serveral months now using my iphone 5 on the byod program. Before i decided to go to st i did some research. From what i remember, if you buy a straight talk phone then the data is not capped, but if you have your own phone the on the byod program then it is capped at 2 gigs. what networks you will be running on is dependent on which phone you buy. If you get a phone that uses cdma then you will be running off of verizon or spirint, but if you get a phone that uses gsm then you will be running off tmobile. My iphone runs off of ATT but i dont see att listed as a sim card option on st website anymore, so they may have gotten rid of att.

4. macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

Last month Straight Talk started selling the iPhone directly to customers, a new and different offering from the BYOD SIM program. The new Straight Talk iPhone is pre-configured out of the box and runs on Verizon 3G.