Strange $1 charge by ITMS plus retarded web forms.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mrkgoo, Mar 15, 2007.

1. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

Aug 18, 2005
    Ok, I had a weird $1 charge appear on my credit card from Apple, after I purchased a song (1.79)...I had the 1.79 charge AND the $1 charge.

So I was curious and wanted to ask Apple what the deal was. I had no idea what the email address was, so I somehow wound up at their iTunes Store help site.

The closest thing I could find that would help me was this:

Ok. So it's a FAQ, which lists 4 commonly asked questions and a statement at the top:
    So I scroll to the form below and it has a required field that only gives you the same options that the FAQ already asked/answered, none of which really pertain to my issue.

I did find my answer on another page, but that was just retarded. It basically prompted me to use the email form if my question was not in the FAQ, yet only allowed me to use the form if I had one of those questions.

And is this $1 charge normal? It just seems like an odd thing to do, will the bank credit it back later, or does it get removed entirely from record?
  2. thomasp macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2004
    From what I understand this is just a charge to make sure that your credit card is valid (quite a few places do this), and it will be removed after a short period of time.

If it's still there in a week or two, give Apple a phone.
  3. mrkgoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 18, 2005
    How about they give ME a Phone?

Yeah, I foudn the answer on another FAQ, but it was still kinda weird.To make it not as bad, tehy should probably dummy ADD $1 - they'd get far less complaints.
  4. mrkgoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 18, 2005
    For the record, Apple recently sent me an email descring the incorrect charge and said I 'd get the dollar back.