Strange Blackbook LCD.. Quirk?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by xfiftyfour, Aug 27, 2006.

1. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

Apr 14, 2006
    Clemson, SC
    Okay, this is going to be hard to describe, but:

my less than 1 week old blackbook (less than 1 week old for me, but it's actually a week 23 cause that's all the store had in stock) has a quirky LCD 'problem' that I haven't read about before.

When I put the computer to sleep and the screen goes off, it's followed up by.. well, by the LCD looking like it's wet. Seriously, the best way to describe it is that it looks like a thin sheet of plastic you're peeling off something that got wet. The "wetness" sweeps across the screen and then is gone.

I asked my fiance and showed it to him, and he said something about the LCD crystals, perhaps.. he'd seen it before but never quite that obvious. He didn't think it should be doing any harm, but we're not sure. I thought I might post it here and see what everyone else says.

I may call applecare, it's just.. well, I really don't want to be without a laptop - I really can't, with school going on. I drove 2+ hours to my nearest apple store just so I wouldn't have to wait shipping. If I now have to send this one off then that whole trip was pointless... BUT, I don't want to just ignore it either if it's something I should have looked at.

Okay, whew, long post.. sorry! What do ya'll think?
  2. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2006
    I remember seeing the screen do that on my MacBook (Black) too. I never really thought about it when I saw it, so I can't remember exactly when it happens, but I'm almost positive I've seen the exact same thing. I've had this computer for about two months now, and my screen looks as great as it did the day I took my MacBook out of the box, so I don't see this being a problem at all.