Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
I am using a 23 Inch Cinema Display and its just been returned from apple repair.

Now when i plug the display into the 1st port on my video card i get some strange behavior. The screen displays the apple logo thru both loading screens. Once it hits the finder the display goes nuts. It turns off then on and sometimes displays circles or ovals in the corner of the screen. It feels like its struggling to put an image out.

The on/off conitinues until i force shut down my powermac.

Now when i plug the display into the second port of the video card it works perfect.

Anyone have any idea whats going on? :confused:

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
Anyone?

Some new things.

If i hook up a cheap dell screen (probably worth 70 bucks maybe) it works flawlessly from both ports. Although if i put the apple display in the 1st port and the dell in the second they both freak out (on/off until force restart)

The apple display appears to "freak out" once woken from sleep from the second port.

I've opened the PM up and the card is in correctly. Along with everyone else.

I've called apple hes just as stumped as i am.

Probably gunna bring it back to the apple store tommorow. Damn. It just got back from "repair" too......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.