Strange email after QT7 purchase

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mkubal, May 2, 2005.

1. mkubal macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping I'm just paranoid.

I purchased QUickTime 7 Pro a couple days ago from the online store. I immediately got an email confirming the order and giving me my serial code.

Today I get an email from "USPREPAID" at "do_not_reply_up@sapei2.corp.apple.com" which seems to be a confirm of my order of QuickTime, but it doesn't include my serial code this time.

This just seemed really strange to me based on who it was from. USPREPAID sounds like some prepay cell phone service. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who have purchased QT7. Is this normal?

2. Bear macrumors G3

Whenever you purchase something from the Apple Store, you will get a handful of emails that will vary depending on what you order and any shipping delays.

The one from USPREPAID is your official invoice. You want to save them, especially the ones from hardware purchases. The subject shoud've been "Your Apple invoice # nnnnnnnnnn". (Where nnnnnnnnnn is your invoice number.)

3. mkubal thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

I bought Quicktime 7 Pro on friday, and like when I bought 6, I received an email notifying me of my purchase. This time it was different though. They didn't send me my serial number. And where that number should have been, it said there was 3-5 day shipping. I thought this was very odd, especially because last time, just like you, I received my code in the first email. Now I have received a second email, just like the one you got, the USERPAID one, and still no serial number

It's really frustrating that I've paid and cant use it. I would really like to be using it right now in fact, but instead I'm writing this post. Why is there a shipping time suggested, and what should I do?