Strange issue Regarding Screen Spanning

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by adk, Dec 19, 2006.

1. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I have a 15" powerbook (2nd last rev) and most of the time I attach it to a 20" dell display and use screen spanning. I don't have the monitor with me right now, and some of my applications seem "stuck" off to the bottom of my display. When I use the exposé feature (or whatever it's called when you hit F9) the open application shows as there, but when I click on it it dives off the bottom of my desktop. I can't go get it, because I can't get the mouse to go below the bottom of the laptop's display. What gives? Also, sorry if I'm not being very clear, but it's sort of difficult to explain, and I can't get a screenshot of it either, since the problem is that the application isn't on my screen.

2. Savings macrumors member

I know what you mean. Such as an application off the edge of the screen that you can minimize down to the dock but not grab and drag? Try using the Gather Windows in the Arrange panel of the Displays system preferences.

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Try changing your resolution to something smaller, the windows should come back into view, then you can change back.

Aside: You sure they are completely off screen? I thought this was impossible. You sure there isn't a tiny bit of the titlebar showing?

4. adk thread starter macrumors 68000

adk

There is no Arrange panel when there is no external monitor connected. I don't have another monitor right now either.

That didn't work either, and yes, it is completely off the screen. When I click the application's icon, nothing shows up near the edge of the screen.