Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emtp6811

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Over here
1. I have something of a unique problem.

I have AmigoSpanish.app which has been working perfectly fine since I purchased it a couple weeks ago. However, this morning when I opened it, it asked me for my registration code again, as though it had never been opened before. Only this time, although the whole application is in english, and my keyboard is in english, and my mac is set up with english localization, anything I type is into that program is in some asian script (japanese?).

I have tried erasing the preference files, then erasing the application and re-downloading a new copy of the program. The same symptoms occur. So is it a problem with my computer or the program? Is there a way to fix this?

A screenshot is attached below.

2. Over the past 2-3 weeks I have been noticing that the screen flickers when the backlight dims before the laptop goes to sleep. It has been gradually been getting worse. Now, the screen flickers and remains dim, even if I am actively using the laptop or play around with the backlighting level (which would usually fix the problem before). Furthermore, when waking the laptop from sleep, I now have to open and close the clamshell multiple times before it wakes up or I have to hit the power button and reboot before it wakes up. All of these problems are random, but gradually worsening as far as how often they occur and how bad the symptoms are. I plan to take it in to get fixed, but the only apple dealer in my area is a CompUSA, whom I don't trust at all. Does anyone know what the problem might be, so that I can frankly get it fixed correctly (and possibly just have it sent to Apple instead of fixed by the CompUSA flunkies)?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 54

emtp6811

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Over here
Just remembered...

I used monolingual last week, to remove all except english, spanish, and french. But I left the keyboard inputs alone because I don't know enough about it and did not feel comfortable deleting any of that. Would that have something to do with it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.