Strange problem during startup of photoshop 7.0

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jonagust, Oct 4, 2006.

1. jonagust macrumors newbie

Hi!

Have a little problem with Photoshop 7.0 at MAC OS X 10.4

I translate this from swedish so it might be a bit wrong...
    anywat this is what the application says at start-up (i can work anyway but dont like this of course...)
    "One or more files in the Adobe-applications support folder which is needed to run photoshop at OS X is missing or run an custom installation of MAC OS 9 to MAC OS X Tune-Up"...

anyone has any idea?

Best Regards
    Jonas

2. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

that is what happens when you copy the folder over without actually installing the program. Maybe not a legit copy?
    A

3. jonagust thread starter macrumors newbie

No piracy... ;)

Actually we have licens for photoshop 7.0, the reason is that we had a contractor at a client of mine. Of some reason another contractor had installed Norton and with MAc OS X upgrade 10.2 -> 10.4 it really ****ed up the system. impossible to start because a nasty message from norton.

I do know PC but MAC is actually a bit strange in its behaviour so we had this guy over. Instead of a total reinstallation of applications we backuped plists and applications. This was because the office is running a photo studio with a lot of settings for advanced photoprograms etc. In the world of PC it's not very smart to just copy/paste applications but he thought this should work...obviously not...

So what you tell me is to reinstall photoshop and everything should work just fine? One problem though is that we didnt find the box where photoshop 6.0 is located, we only have the box with the upgrade to 7.0... lucky us...

There is no other solution really?

Best regards and thanks for such a fast reply!

Jonas

4. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

I am fairly confident that with a quick reinstall, everything should work wonderfully. I have not found any other way around it
    Good luck
    Andreas

5. jonagust thread starter macrumors newbie

6. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

The upgrade to 7 will install all of seven, you just need your license/registration code for a version of Photoshop 4-6 (and actually, it searches for previous installs, so you may not even need that).

As for that error message, I had to reinstall from an archive and I get that message now. Photoshop still works fine, it just tells you it doesn't (or at least, I haven't come across the problem yet).