Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hafo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Outside Stockholm
I have a PB G4 17", bought 2003. The sound error started a week ago, bit by bit. Today I hear the opening major chord only now and then (in the morning when it is "cold"), but no sound whatsoever after that, not in the headphones nothing. Everything else is fine. I haven't tried USB speakers yet. I have tried apple-S and fsck -f & -y +reboot, everythings seems to be OK. I have done disc control, OK there too. Has anyone "out there" heard about this phonomena? Is this a hardware issue? If you have any idea, please let me know. Thanks. :confused:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Strange. I had a reasonably similar problem once but I was getting some sounds, but not others. I looked through the Apple Support forums and found out I had to "restart core audio" or something to that effect. In short, I had to open Garageband and then quit it again. It took about three seconds and my problems disappeared. Hopefully your problem is the same. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.