Strange tab under "About" section "ttou"?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by The Californian, Oct 18, 2009.

1. macrumors 68040

The Californian

I was looking through my iPhone today and at the bottom of my "About" section under settings it has a tab labeled "ttou", I can click on it and it brings up another screen. I compared my phone to a couple other iPhones and mine was the only one to have it. All of the iPhones are iPhone 3Gs running 3.1.2 and none have ever been jailbroken or unlocked. I'm not experiencing any weird issues, but I was wondering if anyone knew what this was. Here's pictures:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks.

2. macrumors 68040

trainguy77

Thats really odd. Are you missing the Regulatory tab? or do the phones from the US not have that tab?

3. macrumors 6502a

Clete2

US phones don't have that, nor do they have network options settings.

Sounds like a random glitch in the phone.. Could be caused by some corruption in iTunes or in the firmware file.. although that would be an infinitesimal possibility.

4. thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

Another odd factor is that I just did a complete clean restore, I would somewhat expect something like this to develop after it's been a while since a restore.

5. macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Save those screenshots. Theyre pretty cool. Ive never seen that before.

6. macrumors 65816

mackmgg

US Phones have Regulatory, or at least mine does. The first one is FCC for the US

7. thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

Well they're here on MR for all eternity just for you.

8. macrumors 6502

mooblie

9. thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

Yah, I saw that ( one and only post on the internet ) when I searched. I'm quite surprised that only me and one other person have mentioned this, I guess it's kind of like winning the lottery ... just with no money.

Regardless, his post was in June with no response ... So MR was definitely a better forum for me, even though no one here knows what the cause is either. haha

10. thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

Just an update, I reset my iPhone ( Reset, not Restore ) and the tab went away. Strange.