Strange Terminal Weirdness...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by shadowfax0, Sep 30, 2002.

1. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

May 2, 2002
    I wouldn't go as far to say this is a 'problem' but it sure is annoying. I encoded a DVD a while back using ffMpeg, which in turn uses the Terminal. However now everytime I open a new Terminal window, it attempts to run ffMpeg and attempts to encode the DVD .vob file, which it can't being that I deleted it some time ago. Anyone know how I can get it back to jsut opening a normal window with no 'processes'?
  2. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2002
    bat country
    i'm not unix expert, so i dont know how to solve your problem, but it sounds like ffmpeg created some kind of script to encode the file automatically whenever you started a new session of tsch. you could try moving your terminal prefs out of your library folder to see if that does anything (if it does not, you can just put them back) but hopefully someone else knows how to change/delete startup scripts.
  3. shadowfax0 thread starter macrumors 6502

May 2, 2002
    OK, sounds like a good idea, however, what's the name fo the preferences Im looking for? I can't seem to find anything that looks like "Terminal.plist" ideas?
  4. shadowfax0 thread starter macrumors 6502

May 2, 2002
    Ok! Found it, and that worked just dandy, thanks for the help!! (wasn't looking for '' thank god for the Find function!!) Thanks again!