Strange trackpad behavior

Discussion in 'macOS' started by captainbeefheat, Apr 27, 2006.

1. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

Ok so I open up my ibook tonight and the trackpad wasn't working! Which of course made me a little concerned, i checked my loggitech mouse and that worked. What struck me as strange was that along with the trackpad not working the button below it as well didn't work. Anyway i reset the computer and it works again! This seemed strange, not bad of course! But strange non the less. The same thing has happened with my bluetooth twice over a long period, it just disappears, under the bluetooth logo i have on and off patched out and a reset sorts it. happened to anyone else?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Doesn't happen to me. :eek:

Does it happen often for you? Is the machine working particularly hard at the times these things disappear? How long after a restart does it happen again? :)

3. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

it's very infrequent, i have had the machine three or four months and it's done it about two or three times; the bluetooth one.

The trackpad, was the first time it's ever done it.

Work wise I tend to work it quite hard quite anyway so probably I guess.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If it's rare and not terribly inconvenient, then I wouldn't bother trying to fix it. :)

5. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Mine freaks out sometimes on my 12" PB. I'll only be using one finger, but the mouse alternates between randomly moving a very small amount on the screen and trying to scroll as if I had two fingers on it. It goes away after a few seconds though. Doesn't really bother me.

Daniel.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

When my track pad is playing up like that, I rest my palm over it for five seconds to reset it. :)

7. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

you can reset your trackpad? :eek:

speaking of trackpads, how should i clean mine? it's all shiny. :eek:

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I use Windex and underwear (because it isn't pithy) but that's just me. I spray the Windex onto the underwear, not onto the track pad though. Also, the underwear should probably be clean for maximum benefit. :)

9. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

well, tried the cleaning trick. put on some old school club loops, sprayed myself with the windex and got all jiggy on the trackpad, but had trouble keeping the ibook on the chair. and felt kinda weird sitting on the ibook really.

oh, you meant with underware that you don't have on. :eek:

check please....