Strange wi-fi issue@2013 11' i5/8GB/512 SSD: Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by johnjey, Jun 30, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Well, i bought the 2013 11' i5/8GB/512SSD and it arrived on 28th June and it's running very fast and cool (except the Netflix Hd video where it feels little more than warm). I am still testing the battery life to figure out if it juices out to give me 9 hours or not.

Issue: Whenever the air wakes-up from sleep, it takes more than 15-20 seconds to connect back to wi-fi (i dont have any 802.11ac), so may be its an over expectation from my side, but my regular 2012 aug mac pro connects instantaneously whenever it wakes up from sleep as i open the lid....

Also, the air does not disconnect once it's connected to the wi-fi. So it is not like the other wifi issue that others have reported where there is an intermittent connectivity.

Thoughts anyone...?
  2. thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2013
  3. macrumors 6502

Oct 23, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Try activating "Wake for WiFi network access". It's around the energy saving preferences.
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Yes, its already checked...i need to test this thing out more as today i am seeing my wi-fi is pretty quickly connected whenever i am waking it up..will report back...!