Strategizing a Christian Coup d'Etat

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Aug 29, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

i'm all for radical christians moving to a single state and seceding. oh yes.

2. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

I lived in South Carolina for a year or so while I was in the Navy. It's already a ****ing lost cause. Even the nachos have mullets down there.

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

But unfortunately that would also mean their kids would end up being nutjobs as well. Not that they often don't currently, but at least within a normal society the possibility is there for them to escape.

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Yeah Mississippi gets the bad rap, but things are much worse in other states.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

6. ~loserman~ macrumors 6502a

Of all the separatist groups I actually admire the Amish and to the same extent Mennonites in general.

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Neither of these sects attempt to take over local governments. They are happy to keep to themselves; they are not trying to force others to live by their beliefs. That's a huge difference, IMO.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Indeed, the concept of live and let live seems to be more their creed than 'we're coming to hijack your government' these separatists seem to be spouting.

This is crazy though, I mean you really think you're going to move in and tell all the good ol' boys how to run their town or state? Even if the locals are sympathetic to your cause, if they don't like your tactics they'll shut you down or up real quick.

I mean, what would you do if a bunch of people from far away showed up, took over your government and told you they knew what was best for you? You might resist the idea of outsiders knowing what's best for you.

9. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Are you predicting suicide bombers in the streets of South Carolina? :rolleyes:

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hey, someone picked up on the parallel! No, no suicide bombers in South Carolina, but can you put yourself in the place of the residents who are targeted? And then can you honestly say if you were an Iraqi you wouldn't feel that way about Americans?

11. tristan macrumors 6502a

Sounds sort of like the puritans. Good, I'd be happy to get rid of the freakin' God Squad. Maybe then I could watch a movie on TV without all the decent parts being cut out.

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

More to the point, would Bush send troops to defend the U.S. from South Carolina and restore democracy there?

Well okay, but if they're gonna make South Carolina a theocracy, they'll have to rename it. How about something like Sciran? No? How about Retardia? Churchylvania?

In all seriousness, I think this may be only an open admission of something they've been trying to do under the radar for a long time now. I think that they think that if they can "restore" Christian government to the United States one pocket at a time, they will be in a position to take over the federal government. In some ways, they're halfway there.

13. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Hmmm. If they are moving to South Carolina in order to secede from the Union, isn't that insurrection? If that's the case, isn't our President supposed to act against this unpatriotic, rebellious, treasonous behavior?

14. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I hate to use words that might even remotely sound like Mr. Robertson BUT...

If they want to seceed, I think we should go ahead and let them do it.

LOL. What do we need them for?

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Because if they were allowed to take South Carolina and successfully secede with it they will not stop there. Would you?

16. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Exactly. Someone let them know Antartica is available. And lovely this time of year, might I add.

God Squad.....lmao

17. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its so true, S.C. is years behind the civilized world. All you need to do is drive I -95 and you will know its 2 lanes from the 60s :rolleyes: The Feds still hate S.C. from the civil war in my view and hence we are years behind in everything but nats,nigers and taxes. :cool: